Equiniti is Company and a global provider of technology-enabled services. We help businesses operate more effectively and connect people with their financial future. Our people and platforms connect businesses with markets, engage customers with their investments and allow organisations to grow and transform.
Equiniti is a company built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ c.5000 people in Europe, India and the US and the average length of service of our employees is 12 years.
EQTek is a technology hub settled in July 2019. From that time their main focus was to create environment for delivering flexible, agile solutions that support the majority of Equiniti products.
Who are we?
Equiniti PMS is an established software provider that creates content within an Agile working environment and are looking for new recruits to help us continue our journey.
Who do we want?
Software Developers are the problem solving core of our business. Coding skills are important but more vital is he ability to adopt complex thinking in order to create imaginative solutions.
All Developers are encouraged to make technical suggestions and to participate in ongoing architectural decision-making, but Senior Developers are expected to take a leading role in these areas.
Are you what we are looking for?
The successful candidate will be able to work in an interactive team environment and thrive on not just building software but discussing and explaining it. You will have the kind of questioning mind that craves feedback in order to improve the great creations that you will build for us.
You won’t be satisfied to sit back and just get the work done. You will want to improve processes, tools and technologies. As a Software Developer with us, you will want to improve the skills of those around you and, of course, your own. Which you will be able to do through mentoring, pair programming and educational days.
Our platform is a back-office engine with integrated digital solutions, which supports whole policy administration operation for all types of pensions and related products from case management, product configuration, reporting and targeted policyholders communications. Offered solutions supports both Life & Pension and Workplace Savings products required for maintaining Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution schemes, auto-enrolment, retirement income, tax reporting and many more.
Have you got the Right Stuff?
Sounds like you right? Check the list below and if you can tick most of them off, then we want to see you:
- Software Development
- C (Some awareness of C would be preferable but not vital.)
- Distributed systems fundamentals
- Testing – Understanding of Automated testing and testing driven development
- Knowledge or experience of working in Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Conduct peer code reviews and provide honest, constructive feedback
Some technical details:
- You will be working on an up-to-date technical staff comprising Spring, Java 11, Oracle 18c, RHEL Linux in a state-of-the-art Scrum practice.
- Some work is also done in C and PL/SQL
- All developers have access to PluralSight training resources and the department sets aside one day every month for in-service training in sessions that are largely prepared and presented between colleagues covering all aspects of our current and future tools, technologies, development practices, our applications, and our business domain.
- The teams use Jira for work management and Confluence for knowledge sharing
- All work is supported by a Continuous Integration build practice implemented in Jenkins with automated tests that run in transient test environments, provisioned on-demand when required by the test processes and using Docker
- Source code is maintained in Git (BitBucket) and every build must pass a quality scan (after pair-programming and peer review) using SonarQube
- All source code changes are supported by automated unit tests at a high level of coverage (TDD is recommended, but not mandated); the teams practice BDD (behaviour-driven development) in which all stories are supported by functional tests implemented using Cucumber.