At GE, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better.
GE Healthcare is looking for a Sr Quality Assurance Software Engineer to further test and develop the next generation of solutions for our valued internal customers who utilize the internal tool, eSecurity Governance (eSG). A subset of the eSG data is shared with credentialed customers via a secure Portal. Overall, the Sr Quality Assurance Software Engineer is primarily responsible for designing Testing Strategy and implementation for complex modules, critical components and whole application/product release in its entirety. Also, this individual shall have the vision to understand, design, integrate and continuously improve quality within the GE Healthcare Software Development Life Cycle.
- The confidentiality, integrity, availability and accessibility of GE Healthcare’s data and systems are of
paramount importance to our business
- The Quality Assurance Software Engineer works with GE Healthcare teams and potentially contractors to develop and deliver timely and complete planned upgrades to eSG.
As a Quality Assurance Software Engineer, you will possess the following core competencies.
- Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases
- Apply principles of agile software development and testing techniques throughout the software development life cycle
- Provide leadership and expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
- Extensive experience in test automation, test scripts and the ability to integrate this in a continuous integration environment
- Experience in test automation methodologies
- Experience working with virtual machines (VMs) as part of a test/integration infrastructure
- Expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using appropriate chosen language
- Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
- Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Helps drive pair programming practices and code reviews across the team
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
- Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
- Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Demonstrates expert understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements and their priority within the backlog
- Be regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; estimates efforts to complete, actions user stories and documents timely outcomes including associated tasks and defects in agile project management systems such as Rally, Confluence or the like
- Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer requests and needs
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Be compliant with the GE Healthcare Secure Development process
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security) or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Some professional software development experience using SQL Server, Redgate SQL tools, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET C#, and JS Libraries
- Some professional quality assurance experience executing testing solutions
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
- Must be willing to work out of a GE Healthcare office location
- Some professional technical development experience, preferably with information security in product development
- Experience with Telerick DevCraft or similar for UI design
- Ability to develop and maintain baseline system and technical feature documentation, including a data dictionary
- Strong organization and communication of complex information
- Healthcare domain and medical device experience.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter – great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. Learn More About GE Healthcare.