|About Us :|
|GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
|The Sr Cyber Security Architect is responsible for ensuring our business can design, build and use technology in a safe environment that supports business growth. They are responsible for driving the understanding of cyber risk as related to business needs and design efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and general security. They will engage and interact w/ functional leaders and project teams to support these technical initiatives.
|In this role, you will:
• Work on highly complex projects that require in-depth domain knowledge in multiple cyber/IT areas.
• Maintain understanding of GE policy as well as current industry and general cyber security risks
• Drive a security by design approach into projects and initiatives that support business needs
• Collaborate with cross business and corporate teams drive continuous improvement
• Participate in the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives
• Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders including regional CIOs, and global IT security and compliance leaders
• Define technology security requirements and communicate to system owners through effective security programs and training.
• Contribute to the development of infrastructure platforms with reusable components that can be leveraged in other projects and initiatives moving forward
• Promote standardized security tools, process and platforms to maintain consistency across all regions
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or a similar field
|Desired Characteristics :|
|• Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
• Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others
• A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders
• An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner