GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Engineering Manager to join our engineering team.
We are looking for a talented hands-on Engineering Manager to join and lead one of the engineering teams in building integrated care management solutions that benefit our physicians by building remote patient management workflows using AWS.
You will play a key role in driving the team to design, develop and release high-quality solutions, oversinging architecture design and ownership of the services developed and managed by the team. Your primary role will be to manage an engineering team to achieve success in all goals delivery, and technical and engineering excellence, closely collaborating with the leadership team on the client and Globallogic sides.
We are working on medical healthcare web solutions for a world-leading connected health company with more than 5 million cloud-connected devices for daily remote patient monitoring. Award-winning devices and cloud software solutions that help treat and manage sleep apnea, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other respiratory conditions.
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering Team Lead
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in people management aspects
- Solid experience with server-side Java development
- Strong understanding of technology stacks, and knowledge of platform and service development processes within a Cloud Native architecture.
- A passion for software craftsmanship, technically sound design, clean code, and continuous improvement, and a solid understanding of engineering practices
- Ability to comprehend complex software systems at an abstract level
- Proven track record of developing and delivering large-scale software solutions in the cloud which involves frontend and backend sides, infrastructure, automation & testing
- Excellent knowledge in designing automated unit, functional and stress tests
- Experience in software delivery through CI/CD pipeline
- Possess strong analysis, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working within an Agile software development process, and Scrum framework
- Proven ability to understand product business environment and drivers. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and operate effectively in a collaborative global environment at all levels of the organization, internal stakeholders and customers
- Equivalent combination of experience and/or education may be considered
- Strong facilitation skills
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities between several teams, some of them remotely
- Very high personal communication skills, and be able to interact – with people of different levels and cultures
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases
- Experience in DevOps – will be a plus
- Experience in the healthcare domain – will be a plus
- Scrum experience for your team (ceremonies, facilitation etc) – will be a plus
- Experience with engineers hiring, and coaching high-performing software development teams – will be a plus
Scaled Agile Framework, Business Analysis
- Lead a team of software engineers to deliver best-in-class software solutions.
- Cultivate a strong innovative engineering culture in an agile environment.
- Oversee, lead and support architecture and solution design decisions and accomplishments of products goals
- Grow the technical expertise of the team around quality, scalability, resiliency and interoperability using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Provide coaching and feedback on team member performance and career development.
- Support the team’s progress against multiple projects and assist in issue mitigation and resolution.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards, regulatory and other business systems.
- Manage the software development process: assign tasks to the relevant teams/engineers, control the ETAs, contribute to release planning etc.
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Keep the balance. Work-life balance!
You will have the opportunity to choose where you want to work – at a comfortable office or at home. The choice is not limited to “where”, but also “when” - all of that because of flexible working hours. We will help you to ensure your work-life balance.
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the health of all specialists. Every employee can take advantage of the following:
Private medical care – your well-being is crucial to us. You can choose one of many options, including the one which takes care of your loved ones.
Multikafeteria platform – this feature allows you to use sports facilities cards, attend cultural events or buy sports equipment or books. You choose from a vast variety of possibilities.
Life and travel insurance – our partners provide our consultants with a special group life insurance package.
We encourage you to discover a brand-new experience. GlobalLogic's offices in EMEA regions will meet you with maximum hospitality and the same corporate culture, processes, and possibilities.
Learning and professional growth!
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you!
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code!
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: from automotive to healthcare!
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education and the environment, and by developing women in tech, and the arts. For example, learn more about our EcoHike — a special app that makes the world cleaner! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and groups. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!