We are looking for a Lead Developer in Big Data (Analytics). We do a project for our client who is a big product company offering software for the financial and insurance sectors. This is a completely new project created from scratch, led by an experienced architect located in the US, while the whole development team will be working from Krakow. We want to build a new central data analytics environment for their internal use. It’s exciting because it’s a small team where everybody matters, and it’s greenfield which means you can build it the way you think it’s best. As a Lead Developer, you will be creating a Data Lake from scratch that is supposed to gather data from various businesses and make it available for data mining, Machine Learning, and advanced analytics. It’s based on Spark and Kafka and fully hosted in AWS. The Data Engineering team in Krakow will cooperate with analytics, architecture, and business-related application development teams based in the US. It may be an opportunity to get experience with some additional technologies like AirFlow. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
- Experience with combining various data sources and work with a large amount of data
- Experience with BigData technologies (Spark, Hadoop)
- Experience with event/message streaming (Kafka/RabbitMQ)
- Good understanding of various databases types (RDBMS and non-RDBMS)
- Good level of Python (ideally including pySpark and pandas)
- Some exposure to various cloud platforms
- Lead a small group of more junior engineers
- Design and implement technical solutions
- Provide mentoring to more junior team members
- Define the technical development process (code review standards etc)
- Exciting Projects: With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.
- Collaborative Environment: You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment — or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
- Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules.
- Professional Development: We develop paths suited to your individual talents through international knowledge exchanges and professional certification opportunities.
- Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with private medical care, sports facilities cards, group life insurance, travel insurance, relocation package, food subsidies and cultural activities.
- Fun Perks: We want you to feel comfortable in your work, which is why we create good working environment with relax zones, host social and teambuilding activities and stock our kitchen with delicious teas and coffees!
Please include permit for processing personal data in the resume as following: