GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Integration and Field Engineer to join our engineering team.
Harmonic is a leading provider of innovative broadband solutions that deliver video, voice, and data to communications providers around the world. GL team participates in the development, QA and support of several generations of such solutions.
The CableOS project is about developing the new software-based network equipment that provides access to Internet/IPTV/VoIP services with using powerful servers.
It is an innovative solution for Internet Service Providers that will allow them to get rid of the existing HW equipment and migrate to the cloud, saving customers enormous expenses for the support of the huge number of hardware network equipment. Currently, there are no competitors to this project in the world and Customer offers the opportunity to be at the beginning of the rapid development of the product and the opportunity to take their place in a fast-paced engineering team.
- Opportunity to work in a team of domain professionals promoting high working standards.
- Experience in support of world-leading Cable Operators and Multiple-System Operators (MSOs) across the globe.
- Comprehensive training in areas of Digital Video, DOCSIS, and Networking.
- Hands-on experience in the development, maintenance and support of modern embedded systems (Linux-based).
- Work with cutting-edge networking solutions employing the latest NFV and SDN technologies.
- Work in multicultural development and support teams spread across continents.
- Visiting customers in Europe for troubleshooting complex technical support cases and performing system integration activities.
- Education: Bachelor in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent;
- Understanding of networking systems hardware and software design and troubleshooting;
- Strong theoretical knowledge in the following areas: IP network switching and routing protocols, TCP/IP stack;
- Ability to understand technical documentation including Software/Hardware Configuration Guides, schematics, work instructions, test procedures, etc.;
- Language – English at an advanced level / Another European language is a plus.
This position requires significant travels within NAC and EMEA regions mainly but not limited to. The candidate needs to be ready to work in NAC time zones (PDT, MDT, EDT) with a focus on NAC Customers/Accounts.
- Experience in configuration and administration of Linux-based servers;
- Ability to understand, communicate and clearly document customer issues;
- Preferred understanding/knowledge of DOCSIS, DVB/ATSC, CMTS and BNG configuration and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of PON as a must (configuration and troubleshooting).
- Responsible for supporting activities for CableOS client lab integration, testing, qualifications, and field trials;
- Responsible for clear communication with marketing, engineering, and sales team about client expectations;
- Responsible for clear communication with clients regarding the status and project plan for CableOS;
- Create and maintain project plan documentation;
- Responsible for testing new software and hardware; reporting and tracking defects to engineering;
- Design, execute, and lead client field trials;
- Train clients on the operation and troubleshooting of the CableOS system;
- Train field service team on the operations and troubleshooting of the CableOS system and any new features that are supported;
- Assist with deployments and technical support as needed.
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Keep the balance. Work-life balance!
You will have the opportunity to choose where you want to work – at a comfortable office or at home. The choice is not limited to “where”, but also “when” - all of that because of flexible working hours. We will help you to ensure your work-life balance.
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the health of all specialists. Every employee can take advantage of the following:
Private medical care – your well-being is crucial to us. You can choose one of many options, including the one which takes care of your loved ones.
Multikafeteria platform – this feature allows you to use sports facilities cards, attend cultural events or buy sports equipment or books. You choose from a vast variety of possibilities.
Life and travel insurance – our partners provide our consultants with a special group life insurance package.
We encourage you to discover a brand-new experience. GlobalLogic's offices in EMEA regions will meet you with maximum hospitality and the same corporate culture, processes, and possibilities.
Learning and professional growth!
You’ll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them — it’s up to you!
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code!
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic’s experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: from automotive to healthcare!
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education and the environment, and by developing women in tech, and the arts. For example, learn more about our EcoHike — a special app that makes the world cleaner! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and groups. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!