Grand Parade, a part of William Hill company, is looking to hire a Applications Architect (web) – a key stakeholder in application software design.
Who we are and what we do in Grand Parade?
Grand Parade is a strategic development centre of William Hill Group – a leading global betting company. Locally, we are a top Cracow-based software development hub specializing in building advanced systems for online sports betting and gaming. Our systems are highly reliable and resilient with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions. We process as many online Sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as does Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year and we deliver complex systems in a highly-regulated environment, yet one that prides itself on customer interaction and innovation.
What challenges are we facing every day?
- Complex real-time web apps
- Interactive dashboards and scoreboards supporting thousands of requests per second
- Real-time data processing
- More than 20 million users daily
- Gigabytes of data per day
- Being consulted throughout the design process and approving software component design that contributes to the development in the business channel
- Creating and maintaining a generic list of application non-functional requirements that all developed software components should consider; working with the teams to establish the priority regarding the delivery
- Continually identifying and driving improvements through technical debt reduction. Directly influencing the teams planned work through review of candidate sprint work and directly inputting into what should be done
- Being a key stakeholder in the way the development should be done and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Identifying the way we should be working and working on improvement areas with the development team. Flagging any process issues direct to the channel technical lead
- Being responsible for the reusable software component architecture within the business channel, and ensuring components can be consumed by and produced for other channels. Definition of the target state software architecture, aligned to product and enterprise architecture goals. Being responsible for all new solutions conforming to this target architecture
- Aligning with other application architects across the business channels, to ensure there’s a consistent approach to software architecture
- Actively contributing to and reviewing code, ensuring good software design patterns are implemented, there are adequate tests and adhere common development guides
- Displaying effective leadership, good communications skills and a delivery / goal orientated work ethic
What do we expect?
- Min. 5 years of experience in development
- Experience with React.JS and Node.JS is a must
- Familiarity with design philosophy of React.JS, its core principles and key frameworks (Redux, Flux, Relay, GraphQL)
- Strong Understanding of HTML5, CSS, SASS
- Familiarity with performance metric tools
- NPM, GIT, GitFLow
- Design Patters
- Application Security
- Infrastructure experience: Docker, Puppet, Mososphere, OpenStack
- Attention to quality of code
- Good understanding of REST API design principles
- Attention to detail and quality
- Good problem solving and analytical thinking
- Self-reliant, communicative, accurate
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and opportunity to work with amazing people (without bored managers who prefer 10-years old solutions), Lunch & Learn, internal training sessions and interesting events organised by employees (e.g. internal GP football league, FIFA, board games).
Basically it looks like that:
- Stable employment
- Attractive social benefits (Fully paid private healthcare Enel-Med and Multisport pass, daily fruits)
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of integration events & company parties
- Individual training budget
- Competitive salary
- Option to work on B2B contract
- Company competitions with cool prizes
- Brand new office in the city center (+1000m2)
- Business trips to our headquarter in London
- Employee referral program (up to 5000 PLN)