We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
• Responsible for the reusable software component architecture within the business channel, and ensuring components can be consumed by and produced for other channels. Definition of the target state software architecture, aligned to product and enterprise architecture goals. Being responsible for all new solutions conforming to this target architecture
• Consulting throughout the design process and approving software component design that contribute to the development in the business channel
• Creating and maintaining a generic list of application non-functional requirements that all developed software components should consider; working with the teams to establish the priority regarding the delivery
• Continually identifying and driving improvements through technical debt reduction. Directly influencing the teams planned work through review of candidate sprint work and directly inputting into what should be done
• A key stakeholder in the way the development should be done and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Identifying the way we should be working and working on improvement areas with the development team. Flagging any process issues direct to the channel technical lead
• Aligning with other application architects across the business channels, to ensure there’s a consistent approach to software architecture
• Actively contributing to and reviewing code, ensuring good software design patterns are implemented, there are adequate tests and adhere common development guides
• Displaying effective leadership, good communications skills and a delivery / goal orientated work ethic
• Proven track record of being successful in the architect role on enterprise scale web projects
• Hands on experience in large scale web development project based on modern architecture stack
• Good understanding of modern cloud technology and associated architecture principles (AWS knowledge is nice to have)
• Good understanding of the DevOps culture and associated architecture requirements
• Good understanding of most important architecture concepts, like Design Patters, Application Security, REST API design principles etc.
• Attention to detail and quality
• Good problem solving and analytical thinking
• Self-reliant, communicative, accurate
• Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
• Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
• Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
• Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
• Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
• We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
• Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
• Flexible working practices
• Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
• Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet