We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
As a Cloud Engineer you will help us to build a new platform to support our systems in a containerized and automated environment. You will work closely with the rest of the system operations team, development teams and also with security department. The iGaming industry is ever changing which means that you will be involved with new projects at an early stage. As a team member you will be part of architecting, implementing, and managing the infrastructure and the software release processes. You’re also expected to identify automation opportunities within and outside your team. You will be reporting to the System Operations manager. Tasks may change over time to suit our growing business needs.
You will be responsible for:
· Building and maintain our Kubernetes clusters.
· Pushing forward our Infrastructure-as-Code approach based on Ansible, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes.
· Developing automation tools to support our services and infrastructure.
· Developing our deployment teams and development pipeline.
· Supporting our engineering team to automate the application lifecycle through building, testing, staging and deploying by using DevOps and Continuous Delivery/Deployment best practices.
· Developing effective tooling, alerts, and response to identify and address reliability risks of our services.
· Participating in technical discussions about the technical roadmap.
· You will also keep up-to-date with the latest tools and features that could help our teams perform even better.
· Strong understanding and experience with Linux operating systems.
· Recent production experience with Kubernetes (deployment and administration).
· Excellent scripting skills (at least bash and python).
· Experience with configuration management systems (preferably Ansible).
· Experience with CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines.
· Hands on experience with artifact repository managers.
· Hands on experience with containers administration and troubleshooting.
· Experience with system monitoring and logging.
· Experiencing with automation using Python or another language (or tool).
· Clear understanding of cloud paradigms (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, microservice architectures, continuous delivery).
· The desire to build highly automated and scalable infrastructure.
You might have:
· Previously practical experience of software development in previous roles such as developers, testers, or the like.
· Experience in using CI/CD tools like GitLab CI, SonarQube and JFrog Artifactory.
· Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc).
· Hands-on experience with cloud providers and scalable infrastructure, in particular with AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS…).
· Interest in scalability, big data, high throughput systems, high availability.
· Need to have strong interpersonal skills in order to cooperate well with many different stakeholders.
· Analytical approach and mindset.
· Strong communication skills and comfortable with many levels of stakeholders in your daily work.
· You love working with and learning new technologies and architectures.
· Good communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
· Knowledge high availability scenarios.
· A strong drive and the ability to see through tasks and projects to the end.
· Flexible approach and not afraid to propose and to implement changes
What we offer:
Development opportunities, including IT, conferences, internal training, lunch & learn sessions and an individual development budget.
Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers.
Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), fully paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, fresh fruit in the office every day.
Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey, and lemon, foamy coffee machine, a vending machine with healthy foods and salads.
Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun. We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
Flexible working hours.
Free parking for cars, motorcycles, and bikes.
Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all around the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities .There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet