Senior DevOps Engineer
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
• Supporting the Platform Team with expert knowledge on latest DevOps patterns and practices
• Defining and deploying infrastructure in IaC paradigm (full CI/CD lifecycle)
• Assisting with change management, capacity planning and emergency response as an expert of the runtime environment and application behaviour
• 3+ years of DevOps experience, strong interest in problem solving, strong analytical skills
• 2+ years of experience as a developer (Python or other HLL)
• Experience with Cloud environments (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
• Linux knowledge (from basic shell scripting to internals – but don’t be afraid!)
• Experience with Terraform or AWS CDK (IaC)
• Basic knowledge on following topics: TCP/IP, HTTP2, REST API
• Experience with managing high load performance applications
• Nice to have: experience with Splunk, CA APM, Graphite
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
• Flexible working practices
• And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Cracow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself
Join us behind the bet