Senior System Engineer
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
You will be
• Delivering high quality environments in line with architectural standards and project delivery requirements
• Identifying inefficiencies and where necessary implement changes to fix the end to end deployment process
• Adapting positively and quickly to new technologies and process
• Analyzing running systems in search of potential issues
• Solving problems on production systems
• Working with existing documentation
• Engaging in core Information security principles contributing to PCI-DSS compliance and active protection of William Hills Infrastructure
• Making extra effort to help support teams and end users – “goes the extra mile”
• Having flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
• Having a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
• Taking Ownership of work and sees this through to completion
We expect you to have
• Experience in similar position (min. 5 years)
• Hands on Technical experience in administration of Linux (preferably Red Hat)
• Knowledge of Bash Scripting languages
• Excellent knowledge of Docker and Scripting
• Experience in working on live production systems
• Excellent knowledge of Networking – DNS, Load Balancing, Firewalls, routing
• An excellent working knowledge of configuration management, provisioning and Orchestration tools such as Puppet master?, Chef, Ansible, Salt.
• An excellent working knowledge of load balancing, high availability/clustering technologies
• Excellent background in packaging and deployment of applications e.g Java, PHP using Version control systems (GIT) and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
• Excellent English (both written and spoken)
Nice to have
• AWS knowledge would be an asset
• Experience with Juniper, Checkpoint and Cisco firewall technology
• Knowledge of IT systems environments i.e. operating systems, networking, applications, platforms and databases
• An understanding of project & service delivery processes, development & testing methodologies and working to Change and Release managements practices
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive salary and benefits: fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
• Flexible working practices
• And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Cracow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet