Software Engineering Team Lead (Java)
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
• Leadership of the development team with a focus on delivery and team morale
• Work to & feed into development standards & best practices and ensure developers adhere to them
• Design, implementation & documentation of solutions in collaboration with developers, solutions architects and applications architect
• Line management of developers in their delivery team
• Understand strengths / weaknesses of developers & support strengthening of skills through personal development plans
• Regular 1-to-1 catch ups, objectives setting, probation assessment
• Delegation of development tasks to the developers
• Planning & pre-planning sessions with PO, BA, Architect. Translate non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences
• Drive the improvements in KPI’s (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
• Responsible for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there’s opportunity)
• Take responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. Review code and provide constructive feedback
• Collaborate with QA to ensure tests are aligned with the solution and complement tests written by development
• Responsible for CI & release pipeline being set up for all applications delivered. Organise & execute releases
• Support production environment for products and services delivered by the team during office hours
• Recruitment of developers & continuous improvement of recruitment process
• 5+ Years professional development experience in full stack development with Java (7, 8)
• 2+ Years leadership experience.
• Experience in DevOps activities, production support. All aspects involved in delivering web applications to a production system in an enterprise.
• Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites
• Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
• All traits of a good Developer & an experienced leader of people
• Approachable, rational & respectful
• Committed. Will see things through to the end and set the example for their team to follow
• Has a creative approach to problem solving while keeping solutions as simple as possible
• Not afraid to work outside of their comfort zone and knows what benefit can be given even without deep knowledge of the systems or people
• Professional and discrete with managerial matters
This role will suit you if
• You enjoy problem solving and learning new tools, techniques & technologies in collaboration with the team
• You enjoy working with people and care about the success & happiness of your team
• You want to progress a career in development & management
• You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
• Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
• Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
• Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
• Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
• We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
• Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
• Flexible working practices
• Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
• Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet