We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow? Welcome to Grand Parade.
The future of Grand Parade (part of William Hill) is happening right here and right now!
You will have an enormous opportunity to join a fun, exciting and highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real product. Join the multicultural team working on the strategic project of our company. We are at the beginning of the long journey designing, prototyping and implementing portable, scalable and fully adaptive toolkit for an International Betting and Gaming Platform. In cross-functional teams (front-end developers, back-end developers, QAs, DevOps and dedicated architects) we are building the customizable and extensible product, which can be easily adopted in new markets.
We use a modern tech stack (frontend: React, Redux, Redux-Saga, XState, Web and Service Workers; backend Java: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, resilience4j, Reactor; backend Scala: cats, akka, ZIO; general backend: Kafka, Cassandra, Zipkin, Grafana, Prometheus, ELK) and cloud infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Istio, Amazon Web Services) to impact the customer experience. We use agile software development and OKR’s techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We are code, architecture, and infrastructure geeks. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
If you look for respectful, trustful, and motivational environment join us!
Your role in the team
The team you will join builds the next generation of a sports betting portal that focuses on site performance and responsiveness. It is connected to a sophisticated backend that altogether constitute foundations of a new William Hill platform built to enable expansion to international markets.
It’s a hands-on role and you won’t ever be sat twiddling your thumbs. We’re looking for a curious engineer who wants to push forward, faster and smarter, never settling for second best. And if you’re anything like us, you won’t rest until a problem is solved.
As an architect, you will be working with the team to define solutions and oversee these aspects of the implementation:
• The Big Picture. Seeing beyond the code, across services, outside the team or subsystem you govern. Ensuring that coherence and future direction is maintained, at all these levels. Aiming for complexity that is just essential for expected business capabilities.
• Resilience. Handling failures. Maintaining contracts among services and subsystems.
• Performance. Not just efficient code, but also data access and movement, including inter-service messaging.
• Security. GDPR, OWASP, etc – should be familiar for you.
• Working within an agile engineering squad to further advance our operational capabilities and improve our cycle time for feature delivery
• Engaging and directing any ‘Proof of Concept’ or prototyping of applications and solutions to continually move us forward
• Ensure that security, operational and supportability guidelines are factored into the construction of any solution – this will include liaison with the relevant teams to ensure that they understand the implications of any proposed designs
• Be active in our communities of practice across engineering and development to continually enhance our collective knowledge
• Be passionate about quality metrics in product implementation.
• Be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision. Mentor engineers in the team
• Very good Java or Scala programming skills and willingness to review and contribute code written in any of these two languages. At least 3 years of experience working with JVM languages.
• Very good API design skills and knowledge of patterns.
• Very good database design skills. Preferably with Cassandra, but if you know relational databases very well then that also counts.
• Very good knowledge of different messaging solutions and service integration patterns. Preferably, experience with Kafka.
• Understanding of distributed architectures, including resilience and performance aspects.
• Attitude towards quality code, automated testing, test-driven development, domain-driven design.
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
• Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
• Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
• Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
• Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
• We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
• Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
• Flexible working practices
• Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
• Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet