Grand Parade, a part of William Hill company, is looking to hire a Solutions Architect for our Retail department.
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Are you keen on working on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers Cracow?
Welcome to Grand Parade.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. Did you know that we process as many online Sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as does Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year, deal with more than 20 million of users and gigabytes of data daily? Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you to face them.
You will be:
- Working with peers help define the Architecture strategy for the business unit taking into account current and future requirements.
- Developing and maintaining Technical Roadmap capturing AS-IS and TO-BE vision. This must be presented/circulated to senior stakeholders.
- Working with the key business personnel to identify solutions that will provide the best return possible for William Hill
- Responsible for ensuring the assigned projects follow the overall architectural strategy and processes as well as for the end-to-end solutions design and implementation of assigned Projects. This includes all aspects of the solutions design of the projects.
- Leading and participating in architectural reviews of software, infrastructure, data and other architectures
- Verifying the implementation of their assigned projects, ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture, and will meet the requirements
- Ensure that deployed technology is always appropriate to meet the current and planned future needs of the Business
- Ensuring all IS systems meet processing, storage and network capacity and performance requirements, to meet the current and evolving business need in a cost effective and timely manner
- Responsible for the resolution and removal of technical impediments to the channel/solutions roadmap
- Responsible for the completeness of all project architectural, and design documentation
- Assisting with development and implementation of processes, standards and best practices for the operational support teams
- Providing guidance on opportunities for technical adoption supporting the channel’s business targets
- Working in partnership with the project managers, development managers and developers, making sure that teams are able to realise the architecture
- Responsible for communicating the architecture thus making sure that everyone understands the architecture. Different people have different viewpoints, so the architect has to present various views of the system appropriate to different audiences
- Providing strong leadership and guidance for the team, creating a learning environment to support the career and development of all team members.
We expect you to have:
- Min. 2 years of experience in a Solutions Architecture role, specifically Internet based businesses from Betting and Gaming, Retail, Banking and/or IT Consultancy, ideally within a highly regulated industry
- Broad understanding of technologies and frameworks such as JAVA, SPRING, ActiveMQ, NoSQL, RDBMS (Oracle, etc), HTML5 & Kafka
- Good understanding of AWS, Puppet, Docker, Mesos / Marathon
- A thorough understanding of architectural design principles in particular Micro-service architecture as well as of IT system environments i.e. operating systems, networking, applications and databases both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and works well under pressure
- A strong customer focus and ability to establish effective relationships
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (particularly SCRUM)
- Experience of working with 3rd party development partners remote and/or co-located
- Proven track record of ability to lead a technical team.Ability to keep strategic focus whilst dealing tactically with day to day issues
- Experience of stakeholder management
- Some knowledge of common design patterns, GoF, EIP
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving both in-development and in-production
- Good understanding of NFRs and how to ensure these are tested
- Regulatory and Compliance experience
- Impact Analysis experience
We offer you
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and individual development budget
- Complexity of work and a great influence on business results of the whole Group
- MacBook Pro or Dell to choose from
- International exposure and business trips to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach)
- Great working atmosphere in a team of amazing people without bored managers who prefer 10-years old solutions
- Competitive salary and benefits (fully paid private healthcare, Multisport pass, daily fruits), employee referral program
- Employment contract or B2B
- Flexible working hours
- Stable employment
- And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal GP football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes
Please send us your CV in English with the following passage included: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”
Please note that we will contact chosen candidates only.