System Engineer – Cloud
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps and Cloud Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
You will be
• Delivering high quality environments in line with architectural standards and project delivery requirements
• Working in team responsible for transition into the cloud
• Working closely with development and QA teams, focus on tight integration if development and operational processes /devops culture/
• Identifying inefficiencies and where necessary implement changes to fix the end to end deployment process
• Adapting positively and quickly to new technologies and process
• Analyzing running systems in search of potential issues, metrics-based decision making /implement operational metrics/
• Solving problems on production distributed systems
• Working with existing documentation
• Engaging in core Information security principles contributing to PCI-DSS compliance and active protection of William Hills Infrastructure
• Making extra effort to help support teams and end users – “goes the extra mile”
• Having flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure
• Having a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work
• Taking Ownership of work and sees this through to completion
We expect you to have
• Experience in similar position (min. 3 years)
• Hands on technical experience in administration of Linux (preferably Red Hat)
•. Continuous Delivery Integration systems and processes (CI/CD with Jenkins).
• Infrastructure automation (Infrastructure As Code) and configuration management ideally using Terraform but knowledge of Puppet/Chef/Ansible/cloud formation is valuable
•. Version control systems (preferably Git)
• Strong knowledge of Networking – DNS, Load Balancing, Firewalls, Routing, Web
• Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash preferably)
• An working knowledge of high availability/clustering technologies
• Knowledge of backup-recovery processes /disaster recovery/
• Significant experience in working on live production systems
• Project and service delivery processes, development and testing methodologies, and working to change and release management practices (Snow, Jira)
• Container technologies (docker)
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) knowledge on associate level
• Excellent English (both written and spoken)
Nice to have
• Design/engineering roles within a fast paced DevOps driven Online / corporate environment.
• Deployments to Public cloud specifically AWS environment.
• The security implications and challenges created by Public cloud deployments especially AWS
• Red Hat and AWS certifications
• Container orchestration (k8s, Docker Swarm, Marathon for Mesos)
What we offer
• Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
• Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
• Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
• Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
• New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
• Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), fully paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
• Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
• Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
• Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
• Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
• We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
• Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
• Flexible working practices
• Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
• Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Cracow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet