We bet we can be a great match
When we say cutting edge, we actually mean it. Our Datawarehouse holds 21 terabytes, and we upload 25 gigabytes of data a day. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but… with fun included.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
Our Data Management team is nothing if not ambitious. We pride ourselves on delivering operational and analytical solutions ranging from traditional batch data warehousing to low latency applications.
As a Test Engineer, you’ll make sure our real-time datasets are high performing, quick and stable. you’ll develop high quality test cases, including automation and performance. You’ll write acceptance criteria alongside developers, analysts and product owners, collaborate on technical solutions and communicate goals and results. Our Data Scientists will consume the data you prepare, and will use the data to model machine learning algorithms.
You’ll have the opportunity to cross – train within the team, and learn about a range of data technologies. So we need you to be keen to learn and interested in new tech.
- You’re an expert in data engineering and data quality.
- It’s essential that you’ve got experience of the full SDLC in an equivalent environment.
- You can genuinely say you’re a strong developer in test, and you’ve used SQL, NoSQL to test complex data transformations.
- You have worked in small focused scrum teams and you want to move in coding and be the SME for testing within your scrum team.
- Experience with Big data platforms: Apache Spark / Hadoop
- Experience in test development within automation frameworks, with a strong focus on the automation of CI Build, ETL Processes, Gatling, and Rest-assured frameworks
- Experienced in testing integrations with other services and capturing end to end performance.
- Experience with cloud solutions for Big Data (Snowflake, GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift) is a plus
- Knowledge of Java and/or Python is a plus
- Test development within automation frameworks, with a strong focus on the automation of CI Builds, SQL Unit Testing and ETL Processes.
- Experience with supporting Data Scientist (Machine Learning) is a plus
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget. Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
- Flexible working practices
- And some fun in the office – integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river – we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kościuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.