Grand Parade, the part of William Hill company, is looking to hire a Senior IT Project Manager who wants to take on cool projects focused on betting and sports while working with some of the best developers, QA, Sys Admins, and Support staff in Krakow. The Project Manager is responsible for multiple projects ranging in different size scope and type of project – ranging from widgets, desktop/mobile casinos and betting sites… just to name a few.
Who we are and what do we do in Grand Parade?
Grand Parade is a strategic development centre of William Hill Group – a leading global betting company. Locally, we are a top Cracow-based software development hub specializing in building advanced systems for online sports betting and gaming. Our systems are highly reliable and resilient with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions. We process as many online Sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as does Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year and we deliver complex systems in a highly-regulated environment, yet one that prides itself on customer interaction and innovation.
What challenges are we facing every day?
- Complex real-time web apps
- Interactive dashboards and scoreboards supporting thousands of requests per second
- Real-time data processing
- More than 20 million users daily
- Gigabytes of data per day
- Coordinating the execution of IT projects according to defined timeline and budget with team of developers and QA engineers
- Ensuring developers keep to established good practices/processes and all required tests are completed by QA team
- Running projects in Agile/Scrum or other project methodologies
- Coordinating the deployment of projects onto various environments with Sys Admin team
- Ensuring projects are properly supported, understood, and monitored by our Support team
- Creating and controlling project plans for all projects that PM is responsible for
- Delegating and ensuring execution of tasks by team members
- Consulting and deciding on architecture/technology used in projects with Technical Leads, CTO
- Consulting with Sys Admins and deciding on appropriate servers, backup systems such as fail-over, monitoring required for projects
- Reporting project status and raising issues as they arise
What do we expect?
- Significant experience in managing large projects, with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with managing projects with large budgets
- Great experience with Agile/Scrum
- Good knowledge of IT technologies
- Experience and understanding of JIRA
- Great ability to communicate (most important!) and build relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Great Polish and English skills (written and speaking)
- IT background (Computer Science or equivalent)
- Previous experience in Software Development (preferably as Developer or QA)
- Great ability to be organized and multitask
What do we offer?
We offer competitive salary and opportunity to work with amazing people (without bored managers who prefer 10-years old solutions), Lunch & Learn, internal training sessions and interesting events organized by employees (e.g. internal GP football league, gamification, FIFA, board games).
Basically it looks like that:
- Stable employment
- Attractive social benefits (Fully paid private healthcare Enel-Med and Multisport pass, daily fruits)
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of integration events & company parties
- Individual training budget
- Competitive salary
- Company competitions with cool prizes
- Brand new office in the city center (+1000m2)
- Business trips to our headquarter in London
- Employee referral program (up to 5000 PLN)