Who we are and what do we do in Grand Parade?
Grand Parade is a strategic development centre of William Hill Group – a leading global betting company. Locally, we are a top Cracow-based software development hub specializing in building advanced systems for online sports betting and gaming. Our systems are highly reliable and resilient with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions. We process as many online Sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as does Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year and we deliver complex systems in a highly-regulated environment, yet one that prides itself on customer interaction and innovation.
What challenges are we facing every day?
- Complex real-time web apps
- Interactive dashboards and scoreboards supporting thousands of requests per second
- Real-time data processing
- More than 20 million users daily
- Gigabytes of data per day
- Collaboration with experienced designers to implement user-facing features in company’s products
- Supporting diverse clients from high powered desktop to tablets and mobile phones
- Optimization of cross-browser web applications
- Working on smooth animations
- Working with SVG and Canvas
- Building efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstraction
- Developing prototypes
What do we expect?
- Experience in similar position
- Very good knowledge of and experience with CSS3, HTML5
- Knowledge of and experience with React.JS
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Experience with high traffic projects
- Attention to details
- Self-reliant, communicative, accurate
- Knowledge of SVG, Canvas, socket.io, Backbone.JS, Angular.JS, Ember.JS
- Experience in visualizations and animations
- Knowledge of Scrum methodology
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and opportunity to work with amazing people (without bored managers who prefer 10-years old solutions), Lunch & Learn, internal training sessions and interesting events organized by employees (e.g. internal GP football league, FIFA, board games).
Basically, it looks like that:
- Stable employment
- Attractive social benefits (Fully paid private healthcare Enel-Med and Multisport pass, daily fruits)
- Flexible working hours
- Lots of integration events & company parties
- Competitive salary
- Company competitions with cool prizes
- Brand new office in the city center (+1000m2)
- Business trips to our headquarter in London
- Employee referral program (up to 5000 PLN)