At the moment our recruitment process for Junior Java Cloud Developer is held entirely online.
Grape Up is a consulting & technology company, helping enterprises create the most important applications by leveraging AI & cloud-native technologies and modern ways of delivering software. Our current projects are based on cooperation with international clients from various industries such as automotive, finance, insurance, or telecommunication.
These opportunities empower you to impact the way every project is run and developed. Your advice will directly affect customers’ decisions regarding technologies and solutions. We are looking for a flexible person who reacts quickly to changes. We appreciate lifelong learners and explorers eager to innovate.
- Design and build Cloud-Native Applications using Java and Spring on top of PaaS platforms (e.g. AWS, Cloud Foundry)
- Participate in creating world-class solutions using modern microservices-based architectures
- Leverage of DBs (NoSQL, SQL), storage, APIs into cloud applications and integrate with external services
- Work in Agile methodologies (XP/pair programming, Scrum, Kanban)
- Research, recommend, and integrate solutions to solve architectural and development challenges
- Make technical and design decisions for microservices projects
- Ensure designs meet performance, security, usability, reliability, and scalability requirements
- At least 1,5 years of professional experience as a developer
- Hands-on experience in: ‣ Spring and Java ‣ Intellij ‣ Git ‣ Maven ‣ CI servers ‣ Confluence (or other wikis) ‣ JIRA (or other trackers) ‣ code review tools ‣ writing unit and integration tests
- Knowledge in web applications design principles and microservice-based architecture
- Very good command of English for daily communication with the client’s team
- “A match to our culture”- a team player with strong communication skills, focusing on what brings value, eager to drive change by taking the initiative and caring for an open and friendly atmosphere
Nice to have
- Familiarity with: ‣ Containerisation concept ‣ Cloud deployments ‣ REST API ‣ GraphQL ‣ MongoDB ‣ design patterns and performance tests
- Experience or willingness to learn Streaming solutions such as Kafka or RabbitMQ