OANDA is looking for a passionate Site Reliability Engineer looking to apply software development principles and practices to solve difficult operations problems. As an SRE, you will be embedded in one of our development teams, acting as the champion for reliability best-practices including observability, automation, high-availability, fault tolerance, and full-lifecycle ownership. The perfect candidate for this role has a strong data-driven approach improving the performance of our products in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Champion a culture of shared service ownership within your development team.
- Tap into your passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes (toil) using automation and applythis through infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Helm)
- Enable your team to make data-driven decisions by pushing monitoring, instrumentation, and observability as core tenets of our development practice.
- Demonstrate best-in-class deployment and delivery methodologies, leveraging Kubernetes, Anthos, Cloudflare, and CNCF tools to drive cloud adoption and standardization across our on-premise and cloud (AWS, GCP) environments.
- Collaborate with product managers and business stakeholders to set and maintain Service level Objectives (SLOs) and metrics that are representative of our customer experience.
- Tune our approach to alerting to manage alert fatigue.Help scale our security function by advocating for security best-practices within your team, and working with OANDA’s security team to apply DevSecOps practices within your workflows.
- Experiment with (and lead the implementation of) new technologies and methodologies gleaned fromyour involvement in the global SRE, DevOps, and Cloud communities.
- Attend and contribute to continuing education, conferences, and seminars to stay current with industry and community trends.
- Articulate the SRE ethos to your peers and stakeholders and help educate your colleagues the application of SRE principles to achieve a healthy balance of new feature development and reliability initiatives.
- Participate in a cross-functional on-call rotation to support your code into production. Ensure the health of the on-call rotation to avoid operational overload, lead the blameless post-mortem process, and feed remediation tasks back into our development pipeline.
- Draft playbooks, and conduct tabletop and chaos engineering exercises to avoid operationalunderload and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure that our development teams and applications adhere to OANDA’s engineering standards. Thisincludes supporting and demonstrating compliance with OANDA’s security and privacy standards..
- Set a great example and encourage others to espouse the culture and values of the company to otherinternal teams and the general public.
Experience & Skills:
● Experience as a software developer, or in an SRE-related field; a solid development background andunderstanding of software development practices is necessary to be successful in this role.
● The best candidates will have experience working in cloud-native and on-premise environments, inbare metal, virtualized (VM), and containerized / orchestrated deployments.
OANDA’s vision is to transform how our clients can meet all of their currency needs with innovative andaward-winning solutions. Founded in 1996, OANDA became the first company to share exchange rateinformation on the internet free of charge and in 2001, we launched a trading platform that helped pioneerthe development of online-based trading around the world, allowing forex and CFD investors to trade thefinancial markets. Under new ownership with significant ambitions to grow the business on the global stage,we are looking for highly motivated, passionate individuals who want to make a mark in a dynamicenvironment. We have come a long way since our first currency feed 24 years ago. We are an award-winning global company offering leading currency solutions for both retail and corporate clients, from tech start-ups to global corporations.