Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Can you imagine all Sabre APIs are consistent, easy to use and offer an amazing developer experience?
Sabre Lingo is an API-first design system and governance process aspiring to achieve these goals. It advocates for easy to use, intuitive, and consistent APIs centered around developer experience. It implements governance, best practices, and seamless collaboration across the technology and product teams.
Customer Touchpoints APIs & Storefront team is looking for a full time API Designer to help us scale the Sabre Lingo initiative further. The person will be fully focused on driving definition of Sabre wide API standards, supporting teams in designing modern, easy to use, consistent API products, promoting market trends and industry best practices across all Sabre.
API Designer (Principal Software Architecture) – Sabre Lingo
• Fully focused on, and proactive in all Sabre Lingo areas:
o Design Governance – driving definition of Sabre wide API standards
o Council – participating in Sabre API standards and recommendations definition
o Design Reviews – providing feedback and direction to product teams
• An API expert:
o willing to constantly learn the market trends in the area of API Design
o willing and able to guide/educate/advocate teams for best API Design practices
• Partners with Product Management to envision consistent and complementary Sabre API offering
• Ensures consistency between different APIs
• Partners with software development teams to deliver modern API solutions
• Performs API modelling for new services, as well as able to redesign legacy APIs
• Close cooperation with API-First Service Framework team
• 7+ years of proven experience in IT software development
• Solid API modelling experience (including delivering commercial APIs)
• Knowledge of REST/RESTful and RPC Architecture
• Familiar with Open API Specification
• Experience with API management tools
• Experience with API gateways
• Solution Architecture understanding
• Broad knowledge of best programming practices and IT industry standards
• Good communication skills in English, written and verbal
• Excellent team player, ability to work in a multinational dispersed geographically team
• Analytical thinking, proactivity, positive energy, ownership of results, „can do” attitude
Nice to have experience:
• Familiarity with Sabre APIs
• Experience in Travel Industry
• Understanding of HATEOAS, API hyperlinks, cache constraints concepts
• SOAP experience is a plus
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn