The SHS D&A (Hospitality Solution Data and Analytics) team is responsible for developing new and maintaining existing Business Intelligence solutions for Sabre Hospitality Business Unit. In specific we work on data-in processing and business intelligence applications which are built on top of the Sabre Enterprise Analytical Platform (EDAP) and on the top of Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. At the moment, we’re looking for a candidate to work in the Kraków office as a Java / ETL Lead Developer.
In this role, you will design and develop the reporting and analysis applications. You will work with business requirements analysts to understand and prioritize user requirements and translate them into BI applications and help develop end-user business-oriented metadata definitions. You will work with the other members of the team to monitor and maintain the operational procedures for applications. You may be required to demonstrate software to internal or external users.
Lead Java / ETL Developer
• Responsible for coding, testing and debugging new software and enhancements to various HS D&A products, including standalone applications, Java modules that connect to the database and data-in processing
• Working with business intelligence tools and analytic applications that let end users access and analyze data
• Working with business requirements analysts to understand and prioritize user requirements and translate them into BI applications and helping develop end-user business-oriented metadata definitions
• Responsible for demonstrating software to internal or external users
‘Must have’ skills:
• Good theoretical and practical knowledge of data warehousing (preferably Teradata, Vertica) or large database systems
• Very good knowledge of complex SQL with any major RDBMS and SQL performance tuning
• Knowledge and experience with data processing and ETL tools (like ODI – Oracle Database Integrator, Talend, DataStage, Informatica and others)
• Good knowledge of Java
• Experience with Unix/Linux Systems
• Experience with AWS Cloud or any other major cloud vendor
• Very good problem-solving skills, logical process thinking and end-to-end system concepts
‘Nice to have’ skills:
• Elasticsearch & Kibana
• Knowledge of Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, Couchbase etc.
• Knowledge of AWS Cloud services such as Kinesis, Lambda, CodeBuild/CodeDeploy, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, ELB, DynamoDB, and others
• Big Data ecosystem (Hadoop, Impala, Vertica, Elastic Search, NoSQL, HBase/Couchbase/Mongo DB) to derive insights/analytics from Big Data
• Implementation of reporting/analytic applications in a multi-terabyte Teradata / Vertica data warehouse
• Use of complex SQL using Teradata or Vertica functions
• Use of data profiling methods to analyze data sources
• Experience with OLAP concepts and methods
• Experience with Scrum methodology
Why it is worth working with us?
- profit from our VIP medical package with free travel insurance and dental care, sport medicine, life insurance and Benefit System
- lift your qualifications through challenging tasks, knowledge sharing sessions, wide range of trainings and get technical certification reimbursement
- work in modern office with comfortable location, no dress code, flexible working time and get additional day off
- use your car or bike to get to the office – free of charge parking lot for employees; get support from Eco Team
- enjoy friendly atmosphere, free gifts for employees and explore new technologies at our Innovation Lab
- join one of 10 Sabre communities and develop your hidden skills and potential; give help and get fun taking part in numerous charity actions
- recommend your friends and get a very attractive referral bonus