Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
We are looking for Lead Java Software Engineer to join the Customer Identity and Access Management team. The team is responsible for building and maintaining business critical back-end applications, focused on user authentication and authorization. You will have the opportunity to participate in every phase of the software development life cycle: feature design, implementation, testing, deployment and production support. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you!?
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in every phase of software development life cycle: feature design, implementation, testing, deployment and production support. You will participate in running and analyzing big battery of automated tests: functional, integration, performance and destructive.
No developer can fully understand importance of their code without seeing it running in production. With a bit of Unix shell knowledge, you will also have a chance to oversee that.
In our day-to-day operation we employ variety of technologies and tools including Java 8, Spring 3.x/4.x/5.x, Tomcat 8, SpringBoot 2.0, SQL (Oracle 12c), LDAP, Git, Maven, TeamCity.
On call Coverage is required.
- Leads a team responsible for developing, coding, testing and debugging new, highly complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software in a maintenance capacity.
- Provides direction for entire project or a project team.
- Applies advanced skills and concepts to oversee large, complex projects.
- Has excellent understanding of business application.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- May assist in development of software technical documentation.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions.
- Designs and codes complex applications using advanced technology.
- Design and build prototype applications.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 6+ years of programming experience in Java
- Prior leadership/supervisory experience
- Experience with Spring Framework, Junit, Mockito, Spock or other testing tools / frameworks
- Experience with CI&CD (TeamCity, Maven, GIT)
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with building RESTful or SOAP webservices
- Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams
- Understands, interprets and translates engineering requirements into necessary design.
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs
Paid time off
- Year-End-Break: enjoy additional fully paid days off during the last week of the year
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time-off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to Udemy learning platform as well as join Sabre live learning sessions
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join one of our team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Women in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of KrakÃ³w. We have parentsâ€™ rooms as well
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral