Sabre’s Intelligence Exchange is a cutting-edge data management platform that revolutionizes the way airlines approach big data. It exchanges, processes, and analyzes large volumes of data coming from different sources of the airline industry to support decision making, influence business processes and deliver unique customer experience. Currently, we execute on technology transformation aimed on seamless move to GCP giving a unique opportunity to influence the future shape of the platform. If you like the intellectual challenge, want to feel the team spirit and great atmosphere, this is the right team for you! DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: • Acts as a people leader for the IX software engineering team. Represents the team externally, sets team’s goals, • Is responsible for team building, performance management, people development, and rewards management. • Plans and coordinates complex discussions across teams, • Cooperates with the Product Team, Architects, Support Teams and Senior Management to determine and execute on the product roadmap and release plans • Oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of software • Oversees production support efforts including managing customer reported incidents and planning for maintenance/patch releases • Constantly looks for improvement opportunities within the organization, optimizes engineering processes and optimizes the working environment • Leads by example
- At least 8+ years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science OR related technical discipline. Equivalent experience also considered.
- Software Engineering background (preferred technical education and engineering professional experience).
- Strong in SDLC, project management, problem solving, and software engineering methodologies. Experienced or well acquainted with Agile, Scrum, Kanban, and DevOps.
- Familiar with Cloud Computing concepts, services – preferably GCP and/or AWS
- Able to communicate effectively at various levels of the organization.
- Great organization skills, able to plan, monitor progress and get things done.
- English language skills on the advanced level.
- Experience leading a team both as a technical and/or people leader
- Familiar with Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP)
- Travel industry experience and knowledge
- Familiar with Jira and Rally
Why is it worth working with us?
• Work From Anywhere in Poland: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote. • Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs. • Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit • Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks. • Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice. • My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card • Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax • Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury • Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption • Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services • Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services • Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package. • Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor. • Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more. • Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program. • English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers • Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions. • GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs • Certification and tuition reimbursement • Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more) • Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge. • Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well. • No dress code • Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more • Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.