Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Profiles team is focused on designing, developing and maintaining variety of services running on open systems (Linux) providing solutions to maintain Customer profiles information for airlines and travel agencies around the globe. We provide Profile Management system that stores and manages Profile related data in an Oracle database and interfaces with a variety of front ends and point of sale applications. Our system offers to Sabre customers a structured format to efficiently manage customer profile content including contact, payment, and loyalty program information.
• Providing consistent application architectural direction to development staff
• Coordinating with all other groups involved with product development
• Analyze the impact of new business requirements to the systems
• Make recommendations to developers on how best to implement the requirements
• Setting development standards, interface (e.g. XML) standards and coding standards
• Working with the CTO to propose hardware and operating system platforms, communication protocols, middleware, interfaces (e.g. TCP/IP, FTP, MQ/Series, IDL, XML) and algorithms as necessary in order to product business requirements
• Modeling systems resource consumption for new products and changes to existing products for use by capacity planning
• Evaluating and proposing ideas that will improve the performance, maintainability, operability or reliability of the system
• Analyze, diagnose and identify solutions to system problems
• Participates in architectural review teams as required
• Minimum 8 years related experience, experience in developing production ready Java applications.
• Advanced application and systems architecture skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to delegate work to subordinate or less experienced team members
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
• Results focused – ability to work with cross functional teams to complete complex projects and initiatives on time with high quality output
• Excellent analysis skills and persistence in problem solving
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and programming, data modeling, and entity-relationship diagrams
• Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms
• Outstanding problem solver
Technical experience/working knowledge (from a technical leader perspective)
• Solid knowledge of Java 11 and clean code/SOLID design practices
• Knowledge of Spring Boot & Spring framework
• Advanced knowledge regarding SOAP and RESTful web services, as well as web service API design. Knowledge of related technologies (XML, XPath, XSD, XSLT, JSON).
• Good understanding of CI/CD concepts and build process using Maven
• Good understanding of cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
• Working knowledge of Linux operating system and shell scripting
Why is it worth working with us?
• Work From Anywhere in Poland: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
• Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
• Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
• Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
• Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
• My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
• Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
• Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
• Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
• Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
• Transportation allowance (2500 PLN gross/month)
• Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
• Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
• Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
• Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
• Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
• English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
• Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
• GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
• Certification and tuition reimbursement
• Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
• Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
• Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
• No dress code
• Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
• Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process.