Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) group is a part of the NextGen Platform team. The team works with the Data and Analytics Development teams delivering solutions across the enterprise in areas such as airlines and hospitality. We provide support for internal analytics across all the business functions. We are technology innovators using cutting edge technologies in Big Data Analytics, enterprise BI Tools, Columnar Analytical Databases, Hadoop, and Cloud.
We look for Principal Hadoop Administrator to join out team.
What will you be doing?
- Aligning with the engineering team to deploy new hardware and software environments required for Hadoop and to expand existing environments
- Responsible of ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines
- Working with data delivery teams to deploy Hive structures and Sentry rules
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes using tools like Cloudera Manager
- Administration and protection of Cloudera Navigator Key Trustee servers and HDFS encryption zones
- Monitoring and management of Cloudera Backup and Disaster Recovery processes
- Monitoring Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Collaborating with development teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades when required
- Hardware and Software Monitoring including Network performance
- Participate in Code walkthroughs, provide feedback and guidance to developers on Hadoop standards and enforce them
- Deploy applications in Hadoop
- Provide Operational support for all applications deployed in Hadoop environment
- Strong knowledge on building/administering/configuring Hadoop Infrastructure and related technologies – HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Mahout, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink etc. in both in-prem and on-cloud environments
- Strong UNIX administration knowledge (good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks)
- Hands-on experience in deploying and operationalizing Hadoop technologies from Cloudera and AWS EMR
- Experience in troubleshooting and analyzing Hadoop cluster services/component failures and job failures (MR, Spark, etc. jobs)
- Strong knowledge on batch and streaming data sources with structured and unstructured data
- Experience with enterprise level production environments
- Working knowledge of problem management and escalation processes
- Knowledge of Shell (Bash), Perl/Ruby, Python or other scripting languages
Nice to have skills:
- Experience using Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- DevOps best practices knowledge, Git, Maven, Jenkins administration.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure like OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Experience with building monitoring and alerting systems.
- General knowledge monitoring tools: AppDynamics, Grafana, Splunk
- Hadoop Monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, CDH CM)
- Securing Hadoop clusters. Kerberos LDAP/AD integration and Encryption
- Web/App Server & SOA administration (Tomcat, JBoss, etc.)
- Talend ETL tool administration knowledge
- cask.co tool knowledge
- Knowledge of troubleshooting Core Java Applications is a plus
Why it is worth working with us?
- profit from our VIP medical package with free travel insurance and dental care, sport medicine, life insurance and Benefit System
- lift your qualifications through challenging tasks, knowledge sharing sessions, wide range of trainings and get technical certification reimbursement
- work in modern office with comfortable location, no dress code, flexible working time and get additional day off
- use your car or bike to get to the office – free of charge parking lot for employees; get support from Eco Team
- enjoy friendly atmosphere, free gifts for employees and explore new technologies at our Innovation Lab
- join one of 10 Sabre communities and develop your hidden skills and potential; give help and get fun taking part in numerous charity actions
- recommend your friends and get a very attractive referral bonus