Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Trip Data Services team is focused on designing, developing and maintaining variety of Order (aka travel record according to NDC – New Distribution Capability, IATA) services running on open systems. We are responsible for Order data distribution to internal and external customers, hosting multiple Order management services and building Order data store in modern, scalable, microservice based and Cloud oriented architecture. We employ latest technologies and practices to handle high volume of transactions supporting millions of traveling passengers daily. Our team is global with largest decision-driving group based in Krakow and implements mature Scrum processes.
Role and Responsibilities
Providing consistent application architectural direction to development teams
• Coordinating with all other groups involved with product development
• Analyze the impact of new business requirements to the systems
• Make recommendations to developers on how best to implement the requirements
• Setting development standards, interface (e.g. XML) standards and coding standards
• Working with the CTO to propose hardware and operating system platforms, communication protocols, middleware, interfaces (e.g. TCP/IP, FTP, MQ/Series, IDL, XML) and algorithms as necessary in order to product business requirements
• Modeling systems resource consumption for new products and changes to existing products for use by capacity planning
• Evaluating and proposing ideas that will improve the performance, maintainability, operability or reliability of the system
• Analyze, diagnose and identify solutions to system problems
• Participates in architectural review teams as required
What's in it for you?
- Working with a state-of-the-art Travel Booking system. The sky is the limit when it comes to what you can do.
- Opportunity to do something that has high impact and game changing in our industry
- Be part of one of the world’s largest Travel technology company
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum 8 years related experience, experience in developing production ready Java applications.
• Advanced application and systems architecture skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to delegate work to subordinate or less experienced team members
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
• Results focused – ability to work with cross functional teams to complete complex projects and initiatives on time with high quality output
• Excellent analysis skills and persistence in problem solving
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and programming, data modeling, and entity-relationship diagrams
• Ability to translate complex problems clearly and in non-technical terms
• Outstanding problem solver
Must Have Skills:
• Solid knowledge of Java 11 and clean code/SOLID design practices
• Knowledge of Spring Boot & Spring framework
• Advanced knowledge regarding SOAP and RESTful web services, as well as web service API design. Knowledge of related technologies (XML, XPath, XSD, XSLT, JSON).
• Good understanding of CI/CD concepts and build process using Maven
• Good understanding of cloud technologies (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
• Working knowledge of Linux operating system and shell scripting
Nice To Have Skills:
Knowledge of No-SQL databases
• Experience working with containers (Docker) and Kubernetes
• Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concept & related tools (preferred: Terraform, Packer)
• Experience with JVM monitoring, performance analysis, GC logs analysis