A Krakow, Poland, Engineering Leadership position (Principal Software Architect) for the Customer Touchpoints APIs and Storefront (CTAS) organization with focus on Digital Connect (DC) Products/Systems platform. It offers a unique opportunity for talented and passionate engineers in gaining hands on software development experience on a modern e-commerce system powering world’s leading airlines and working with a globally diverse development team highly active in open-source community leading modern technologies and innovations. The candidates would primarily be involved in back-end development of technologically advanced Internet Booking Engine using modern architectures and frameworks. Software Architect - Digital Connect API team 100% remote option Responsibilities:
- Architect, design and develop major features and components of our platform. Own the design and implementation phases.
- Ensure our development and practices adhere to the industry best standards in terms of architecture, design quality, code quality, automation, security and all other aspects of engineering.
- By driving a quality-first approach, ensure the stability of the production and other customer facing environments for near 100% availability.
- Mentor teams on technical areas such as best coding practices, architecture/design reviews, code reviews, security practices, automation and so on.
- Analyze the impact of new business requirements to the systems and to the application architecture and make recommendations to developers on how best to implement the requirements.
- Determines overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards.
- Collaborating with Enterprise Architecture, Tech Ops, Product and other Product development peers to design and build a highly nimble scalable architecture
- Drive research, case studies, and prototypes on leading edge technologies and how they can be leveraged. Model systems resource consumption for new products and changes to existing products for use by capacity planning.
Working knowledge (from a technical leader perspective), spanning many of the following areas as below:
- Knowledge of Java, Spring, Spring Boot, RDBMS, NoSQL, OOAD, J2EE
- Exposure to Design Patterns, Software Architecture best practices, and Agile SDLC, build & deployment tools and CI / CD practices.
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and cloud migration strategy
- SOAP, REST, RESTful, JSON-RPC, JMS, SOA/EDA and Microservices Architecture, client-server and distributed systems, , API-First development approach
- MVC, Spring IOC, SOA and other similar design patterns/principles, with understanding API-First design and microservices architecture design paradigms
- Extensive experience in development of Microservices based on RESTFUL Services
- Ability to provide/understand technical system solutions, determine/implement overall design direction, observe, and provide recommendations to solve for complex technical issues proactively and in the moment
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.