Senior SRE/DEVOPS Engineer
The senior SRE/DevOps engineer will be part of a talented team that is responsible for providing operational support for the PNR suite of critical core applications. We are looking for creative technologists with a passion for reliability and security to join us. This position entails working in a 24×7 fast paced operational environment supporting high availability systems and you will be an integral part of the tech transformation journey into GCP that this team is currently undertaking. Do you like to take ownership of results, find creative solutions, and make things happen? If so, this may be a good fit for you.
– Ensure the operational health, reliability, and security of the supported applications.
– Analyze, troubleshoot, debug, and assist in problem solving in test and production environments within the framework of incident and change management processes.
– Continuous improvements for system stability, maintaining currency and optimal performance.
– Develop and maintain operational tools for performance monitoring, error tracing as well as automated alerting.
– Drive the migration of on-prem java applications to the cloud (GCP). Develop and support CI-CD solutions.
– Participate in change execution, including writing change records for legacy apps that have not migrated to the tool and benefit from CI-CD.
– Provide on-call coverage for the products (24X7 rotation broken into multiple shifts).
– Maintain adequate operational documentation including Runbooks and E2E documentation.
– Reduce toil by automating tasks where possible.
– Experience with Unix/Linux platform
– Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Java applications
– Experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/GCP)
– Experience with CI-CD tools – Jenkins, Terraform, etc.
– Good knowledge of scripting languages – like Perl, Python, Shell scripting etc.
– Familiarity with Monitoring and Alerting tools
– Understanding of network fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
– Ability to handle fast paced environment with multiple projects simultaneously and incident responses.
– Good written and verbal communication skills in English language