Sabre Common Translator (SCT) is one of Sabre’s critical back-end systems responsible for connecting to and handling messages from content providers including airlines, hotels and car rental companies. It also enables external customers to consume Sabre content. Our work plays important part of Sabre open systems program and supports several key projects including airline cutovers, migrations and technology cost savings initiatives. In our day-to-day operation, we employ variety of technologies including software: XML, EDIFACT, MQ, SQL DB, Open Source frameworks and network appliances: load balancers and firewalls. Our developers have many opportunities to be exposed to both internal and external systems and applications which is excellent way to start or advance your career here at Sabre.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develops, codes, tests and debugs moderately complex software solutions or enhancements to existing software.
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them.
- Works with other teams to resolve any issues with software reported by customers and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Creates auxiliary tools to help with system automation, monitoring and testing.
- Validates results of new baseline implementation in all environments
- Analyzes and validates results of QA tests required to provide signoff for baseline implementation
- Performs on-call duties
Must have skills:
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience as Software Developer/Engineer (2+ will be considered)
- Hands on knowledge of C++
- Knowledge of Linux operating system (concepts/tools)
- Knowledge of scripting language (eg. Bash, Perl, Python)
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbal.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent. M.S. degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Communicative, detail – oriented
Nice to have skills:
- Basic network troubleshooting skills (TCP, ICMP)
- Familiar with messaging solutions (ActiveMQ, IBM MQ)
- Hands on experience working with Databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Cloud solutions and architecture is a plus (AWS, Azure, GC)
- Experience with source control and system automation frameworks is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver results
Why is it worth working with us?
- Profit from our VIP medical package with free travel insurance and dental care, sport medicine, life insurance and Benefit System (Multisport)
- Explore new technologies at our Innovation Lab (3D printer, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, Internet of Things devices, Access to quantum computer via IBM Cloud)
- Lift your qualifications through wide range of trainings and get technical certification reimbursement
- No dress code, flexible working time and get additional day off
- Recommend your friends and get a very attractive referral bonus
- Use your car or bike to get to the office – free of charge parking lot for employees