Sabre Travel Solutions is looking for an experienced Subject Matter Expert of Applications Systems to join our Sales Engineering TEAM. In this role you will provide backend Sales support for Sales Engineering Demo environment in the Cloud, maintaining, deploying and developing new capabilities to drive exciting sales conversations. Most of your work will take place in the Google Cloud Platform, either deploying new capabilites or migrating from existing AWS into GCP.
You will be your own boss, in charge of your own destiny. Apply your existing skills to make a difference. Learn new skills and use those to improve the way we demo existing and future Sabre solutions.
• Provision and maintain base network infrastructure
• Assist in provisioning, deploying and recycling application server stacks and datasets
• Perform staging and end-to-end testing of the environment
• Provide real-time support before and during customer engagements
• Execute periodic upgrades to latest stable application releases
• Work with application DevOps/SMEs to validate configurations and resolve application-specific issues
• Work with development teams to expand the environment by provisioning and integrating new products and modules.
• Infrastructure Provisioning templates
• Deployment scripts
• Application Health-checks
• Backend integration configuration
• Frontend access configuration
• Improve upon existing automation tools to support DevOps best practices, reduce usage costs and increase stability, performance and security
• Document processes and tool usage
• Stay up to date with evolution of Cloud services
• Build automated application monitoring
• Implement access control and auditing tools
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Required Technical skills:
• Linux (shell scripting)
• Python programming (backend)
• Broad understanding of Google Cloud ecosystem and hands-on experiences with its core services.
• Understanding of the AWS Cloud ecosystem and hands-on experience with its core services
• GCP and/or AWS certification is a plus
Experience with the following is desired (in order of relevance):
• Deployment Automation tools (Ansible, TerraForm)
• Google Cloud Platform technologies, such as Pub/Sub, Machine Learning APIs, DataFlow, VPCs
• Understanding of Networking concepts (Routing, Traffic access lists, DNS, SSL)
• Desktop app virtualization (Citrix)
• Databases (Oracle PL/SQL, Cloud SQL)
• Version control systems (git)
• Understanding of Web application servers
• Broad knowledge of the functional area (Airline Operations)