We are looking for an outstanding Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) to support databases, many of them considered critical in maintaining, provisioning, and monitoring Sabre’s global network. The candidate will play a key role in all new departmental initiatives while continuing to ensure the availability/stability of existing functionality.
This position is in a centralized database administration team, which provides 7×24 support in test/cert/prod environments. You will regularly lead multiple small to medium-size projects or one large project and perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuring and scheduling.
Job Description: Oracle DBA with minimum of 7 yrs. experience on Oracle Database version 12c and 19c hands on Oracle RAC, Golden Gate, Data Guard and Cloud (AWS/GCP).
• 5 to 8 years of experience with 24×7 Production and development databases.
• BS/BA or MS/MA in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related disciplines preferred, or equivalent years of experience
• Database admin at mission critical web-service company with high availability.
• 5-7 yrs experience in RAC.
• 4-5 yrs experience of Data Guard and Golden Gate.
• 3-4 years of cloud database administration (AWS/GCP)
• Other RDBMS technologies MySQL, MS SQL, Couchbase (Any one of them is required)
• DBA certification required
• Strong analytical skills and capable of influencing on technical issues
• Cloud certification (AWS, GCP)
• Ability to lead projects and perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuring and scheduling
• Strong English speaking, writing and communication skills
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.