Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
Senior Java Software Engineer
Our three scrum teams in Kraków are responsible for delivering and maintaining applications that handle Customer Identity and Access Management for Sabre’s customers across all Business Units. We deliver services and third-party products focused on user authentication, authorization, and Customer Identity Management. Our applications are critical to the company, so stability is very important to us.
Whom we are looking for
We are looking for people dedicated to the work they do. Candidate’s ownership would be visible by taking initiative to make sure commitments are done, while keeping quality and being accountable. Priorities change often, so the perfect candidate must be open minded and self-organized.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in every phase of the software development life cycle: feature design, implementation, testing, deployment and production support. You will participate in running and analyzing big battery of automated tests: functional, integration, performance and destructive.
No developer can fully understand importance of their code without seeing it run in production. With a bit of Unix shell knowledge, you will also have the chance to oversee that.
In our day-to-day operation we employ variety of technologies and tools including Java 8/11, Spring 3.x/4.x/5.x, Tomcat 8, SpringBoot 2.0, LDAP, Git, Maven, TeamCity, Jenkins.
You will also have the opportunity to deploy applications using cloud technologies in Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience in Java – backend (SOAP, REST)
• Experience in design and implementation of multiple projects
• Spring Framework
• Experience with CI&CD (Jenkins, TeamCity, Maven, GIT)
• Junit, Mockito, Spock or other testing tools / frameworks
• Good self-organization skills and initiative
• Good communication skills in English, written and verbal
Nice to have:
• Basic scripting skills
• Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.