Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
SRE Software Engineering (DevOps)
At Sabre we believe that travel can make the world a better place. Whether you travel to connect with your friends or family, go abroad to learn other cultures, or for business – you connect with other people in a special way. We are looking for people who will help us improve the world by making travel more convenient and affordable.
Security Systems scrum teams are responsible for delivering and maintaining applications that handle Customer Identity, Session and Access Management for Sabre’s customers across all business units. We deliver services and third-party products focused on user authentication, authorization, and customer identity management. Our applications are critical to the company and therefore stability is very important to us.
We are looking for engineers dedicated to the work they perform. Recent partnership with Google showed Sabre a different approach to achieve system reliability and a DevOps approach whereby we will apply “software engineering practices” to “operations”. This led to the formation of SRE teams, and this role will reside within one. Candidate’s ownership will be visible by developing new features to eliminate “toil”, taking initiative to automate our processes and support our clients, and maintaining and improving system reliability. Candidate will perform operational work such as on-call support and implementing system changes. Effective day to day communication and problem-solving skills will be a key to success within this role.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Software engineering background – around 2 years’ experience
• Scripting skills (e.g. bash)
• Experience in Java – backend (SOAP, REST)
• Experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting applications in Java
• Experience with CI&CD (TeamCity, Maven, GIT)
• Good self-organization skills and initiative
• Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair systems related problems
• Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively with a team.
‘Nice to have’ skills:
• Knowledge of cloud technologies (GCP, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• Experience in NoSQL databases such as Couchbase
• LDAP administration skills
• Experience with SSO solutions (OpenAM)
• General experience with distributed architecture and/or high availability systems.
Flexible work arrangement
- Work From Anywhere: profit from working from home in different variants: in the office, hybrid or fully remote.
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs.
Paid time off
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time- off benefit
- Paid parental leave: if you are a father, take up to 10 additional weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. For mothers, we have maternity leave paid 100% for 12 more weeks.
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice.
- My Benefit platform/Multisport card: enjoy the benefit cafeteria system and use popular sport card
- Tax deduction: take the opportunity to claim deductible costs, reducing your income tax
- Employee Capital Plans: profit from long-term saving scheme co-financed by Sabre and the State Treasury
- Baby Bonus: benefit from one-time allowance on childbirth or adoption
- Say Thanks program: collect points on recognition program and transfer them to wide variety of gifts and services
Health and wellness
- Luxmed VIP medical coverage: take care of yourself and your family with the extensive medical package with a broad range of additional services
- Foreign travel insurance: feel safe going abroad with free, Allianz insurance offered as part of our Lux Med package.
- Employee Assistance Program: find help in free, confidential program with a certified counselor.
- Mindfulness & meditation apps: take care of your mental and physical health with free access to Headspace, Burn Along, Sanvello which will help you manage stress, exercise, sleep and more.
- Life insurance: sign up for free, high coverage life insurance program.
- English & Polish lessons: improve your language skills during lessons led by native speakers
- Professional development: enjoy access to LinkedIn Learning as well as join Sabre live learning sessions.
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join on of ours team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices (Google Developers Group, Innovation Lab Community, Woman in Technology, SOLVE!T and many more)
- Car and bike parking including electric scooter charging station: use them free of charge.
- Fun & Relax zone in modern office: enjoy electronic tables to work, foosball, ping pong, pool table, swings, massage chairs and terraces to admire a panoramic view of Kraków. We have parents’ rooms as well.
- No dress code
- Innovation Lab: access Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality equipment, Robot construction kit, 3D printers and many more
- Attractive Referral Bonus: earn $2500 USD for every hired referral.
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process. Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.