We are looking for a Senior Java/Kotlin Developer to strengthen the Consumer Business Solutions team.
We are responsible for the User Revenue Suite, which covers the journey from unknown user to paying subscriber. The main focus of our team are backend applications built for the biggest newspapers in Norway and Sweden as well as 5 smaller brands which in total means over 1 million subscribers today. The subscription part of the User Revenue Suite is very similar across our brands, which means we have a common platform for identity, monetization and payment area.
The main goals of the suite are giving access to payment content and handling whole order flow together with self service to manage subscription. In fact we are building a new platform, which will be more consolidated than the current maintained one. It means, we still have plenty of green field areas where you can help us.
This is User Revenue Suite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSJZoqV-K9k
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Working in a distributed team: ~10 developers (Kotlin/Java) are based in Poland, business analytics are in Norway & Sweden together with our UX resources.
- Working on many different areas of the JVM world, following micro-services concepts & Continuous Deployment style.
- Time required to focus on quality.
- Having an impact on the project at all stages.
The team is expected to be self-sufficient and as such you must be interested in more than just writing code. You will have to check third-party documentation, debug, maintain and operate the system as well as gain knowledge in the media domain.
- You are an experienced backend developer, with a solid history of working with JVM languages and a strong motivation to learn Kotlin, as our current stack is written in it.
- You are proficient in modern JVM backend frameworks like Vert.x, Ktor, Spring Boot
- You have experience both with relational databases (we prefer to use PostgreSQL), and NoSQL (like Redis)
- You are familiar with AWS (like ECS, SNS/SQS, Lambda)
- You have knowledge of REST, docker
- You have a focus on code quality and test coverage
- You have a good understanding of concepts and/or experience with Continuous Deployment
- You are open, curious and eager to learn new things
- You are active in meetings and good at turning the conclusions into actions
- You are proficient in English (both speaking and writing)