We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to help kick-start Media Distribution – a new product area within Schibsted Media Platform. The Schibsted Media Platform is a set of tools for creating and managing media content – articles and video. The Media Distribution team will build a common mobile framework on top of the Media Platform, including, but not limited to, UI frameworks and SDKs providing common news app functionality.
What you will do
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing client code that can be used by many disparate properties.
- You will be involved in a full spectrum of mobile engineering, including SDKs and tools to support experimentation, localisation and customisation.
- You will develop and implement systems using best practices and tools, document and communicate them.
- You will experiment with new solutions but be pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- You will work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
What you should know
- Excellent, deep experience of Java and the JVM are (of course) necessary – it’s Android! We also use a bit of Kotlin;)
- Deep understanding of Android design patterns and API design
- Care about quality – you know what it means to ship high quality code and you also know how to write tests
- Demonstrated mastery and deep experience of Android SDK development
- Good English – written and spoken