We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to help kick-start Media Distribution – a new product area within Schibsted Media Platform. The Schibsted Media Platform is a set of tools for creating and managing media content – articles and video. The Media Distribution team will build a common mobile framework on top of the Media Platform, including, but not limited to, UI frameworks and SDKs providing common news app functionality. The media platform is used by the largest newspapers in Norway and Sweden, with 500.000+ daily active users.
What you will do
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing client code that can be used by many disparate properties.
- You will be involved in a full spectrum of mobile engineering, including SDKs and tools to support experimentation, localisation and customisation.
- You will develop and implement systems using best practices and tools, document and communicate them.
- You will experiment with new solutions but be pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
- You will work with product owners and designers to prioritise and hone features.
What you should know
- Excellent, deep experience of Java and the JVM are (of course) necessary – it’s Android!
- Knowledge of Kotlin will be nice to have – we are planning to migrate to it soon.
- Deep understanding of Android design patterns and API design.
- Care about quality – you know what it means to ship high quality code and you also know how to write tests.
- Demonstrated mastery and deep experience of Android SDK development.
- Good English – written and spoken.