ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB Security Defense Center (SDC) operates continuously (24×7) to monitor ABB’s environment, protects ABB information assets and responds to potential threats. It integrates monitoring, incident response and security intelligence capabilities and coordinates security events and incidents to minimize risk of any intrusions and breaches to ABB environment.
In the presented context the SDC specialist initially contributes to building SDC and eventually joins a team in charge of monitoring the ABB Information System (IS) environment and coordinating the management of potentially malicious events and identified security incidents.
The SDC monitoring specialist will use his/her technical and analytical skills to analyze complex flows of information and detect early potential compromise of security of the ABB information and will handle multiple simultaneous coordination and communication activities to confirm and manage security incidents.
- Monitors, acknowledges security events and incident reports, performs triage and coordinates flow of information regarding security queries, tasks, intrusions and breaches
- Maintains an always up-to-date picture about ongoing security events, threats and potential attacks on ABB IS environment
- Updates ABB SDC information management systems with high quality data describing the status of ongoing intrusions and potential breaches
- Maintains constant communication with other SDC team members to keep a consolidated view of ongoing threats and confirm security incidents
- Provides relevant, accurate and actionable input to other security and IS teams to help manage security incidents at all stages of the security incident workflow (from early detection of potential compromise to resolution of security incidents)
- Understands and develops the incident mitigation procedures and solutions.
- Delivers in a timely fashion key SDC metrics and KPIs providing relevant information on efficiency of SDC and status and trends of security threats and incidents
- Successful candidate is a generalist with the analytical skills to solve complex problems. He or she is able to get new expertise of specialists as needed.
- Graduate level with Information Technology or Information Systems focus and practical experience in these areas
- At least 3 years business experience in Information Technology
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Information Security, preferably in a large, multinational environment
- Knowledge of current threat & attack vectors
- Self-organized, ability to work in complex environment and to priorities efficiently under high workload
- Knowledge and experience in Computer Networking Systems and security control mechanisms
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis: statistical, time-based, post-mortem, contextual etc.
- Understanding of intrusion detection concepts and overall approach to information security and defense
- Proactive and motivated by technical challenges, with a strong desire to deliver quality products on time
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience in working in virtual, multicultural teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity when facing complex situations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Fluent English language skills (spoken and written)
- Security Certification (CISSP, Security+, SANS SEC 504 ETC) is a plus
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
Apply now for this job and become our Monitoring Specialist.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29 August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”