We have an exciting opportunity for a Ruby Developer who is passionate about cutting-edge backend solutions. This is a key role that will allow you to have a big impact on the entire application. Ideally you have experience building advanced backend applications and you love Ruby!
Your technical skill set is important. However, we will choose based on your personality, attitude and desire to grow your skills.
By joining Sofomo, you will have a chance to work with experienced developers and experts across multiple technologies. You will have unique opportunities to grow your skills and learn something new every day. You won’t just be a task taker. You will be designing advanced solutions, making technical decisions, choosing specific technologies and more.
Best of all, you will work with some amazing Sofomo developers who share your passion and enthusiasm. Sofomo is a small family of 50+ devs who love working together and believe strongly in the values of respect, trust, innovation and building cool stuff!
What you’ll be doing:
- Ownership – You will have ownership over your development and propose technical solutions.
- Learning – You will learn new technologies, frameworks, etc. every day.
- Solution Design – You won’t be just taking tasks. This job involves actual design, architecting and implementation.
- Agile Approach – You will work collaboratively with other team members in an agile, Scrum way.
- Ruby Development – Develop innovative features and functionality in Rails
- Ruby Development – Develop microservice backed services and integrate them with various parts of the system (including front-end).
- Ruby Development – Build and support testable Ruby modules that meet performance and supportability guidelines.
- Ruby Development – Optimize the back-end logic for speed and scalability.
- Ruby Development – Collaborating on data architecture and implementations using MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, and other NoSQL databases.
- Experience with consuming and building RESTful web-services.
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable consumer facing web applications.
- Strong experience in server-side programming.
- Proficiency working with database systems such as MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle, and/or PostgreSQL.
- Proven ability to build efficient, testable, and reusable Ruby modules.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart/best solution to a problem.