At Tagvenue we’re transforming the way people discover and book spaces for their events. We’ve designed the fastest growing venue search engine on the market, showcasing great local spaces and making it quicker and easier to plan an event. Based here in Krakow, we’re a small team of energetic, self-driven and positive individuals. We launched in mid-2015 and within a short period of time we achieved a market leader position in the UK. Currently we’re expanding internationally and we’d love for you to grow with us!
We’re currently looking for a mid-level PHP Engineer to join our Kraków team, working together with 4 backend & 1 front end developer, product team, founders and QA testers.
How we work:
- We do Continuous Deployment, we don’t have branches, we don’t follow any git/github workflows. We merge every commit to master and use feature toggles if necessary. ‘Done’ means code is released to all users on production and feature toggle is removed.
- We do TDD, we write tests first and they are ran parallelized in the cloud in 5 minutes. We have all levels of tests, from unit tests to small number of end-2-end tests.
- We limit WIP and minimize cycle times.
- Every developer does 1-2 automated deployments daily on average.
- We practice Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform, it takes 10 minutes to create new production-like test environment and every developer is self-serviced.
- Team is small, currently 5 developers in the company. You will have huge influence of what is happening and you will meet people here who truly understand the industry and our craft.
- Work is interesting, we are implementing many new features and are facing scaling problems as our traffic grows and we are entering new countries.
- We follow many best practices and constantly adding new. We put in an effort into learning and improving how we work. We are reading many books, we do retrospections, code reviews, pre-coding reviews, give lot of feedback
- We spent more than 20% of time on non-features improvements e.g. investing in automation or refactoring.
- Development of our application built on top of Laravel using MySql, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Planning the architecture of new features
- Agile approach – you’re responsible for an in-depth analysis of problems and coming up with the best possible solutions
Join exciting personal growth projects
- Scaling the app for new markets and high volumes, using different kind of SQL and NoSQL data sources, under asynchronous, event driven architecture
- Growing and optimizing our CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Building our infrastructure in the Infrastructure As Code manner with a goal to migrate to the cloud
- Creating software in TDD manner with quality in mind
- Enhancing our software delivery process with Agile and DevOps mindsets, constantly decreasing feedback loops and cycle times
- Automating our processes
- Very good knowledge of PHP
- Object oriented programming skills – good understanding of SOLID, design patterns and Domain Driven Design
- Regular user of software development best practices, like Test-Driven Development or Continuous Integration
- Quality focused
- Passion for software engineering and best practices
- Constant learner, actively acquiring new knowledge
What we offer
- Competitive salary 9-13k PLN NET B2B
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- The opportunity to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in Poland
- A real impact – you will be responsible for boosting the company’s growth
- Work in a dynamic multicultural startup environment where we can speak 16 languages
- Great coworkers – we’re a 30-people team with a big and shared goal!
- Some fun every day and a lot more on Fridays – we celebrate Friday with free drinks
- Fruitday – fresh fruits every Tuesday
- Unlimited book/audiobooks allowance to support your personal growth
- Anti-smog office with air purifiers in the heart of Kazimierz, Kraków