- We do Continuous Deployment, we don’t have branches, we don’t follow any git/github workflows. We merge every commit to master and use feature toggles if necessary. ‘Done’ means code is released to all users on production and feature toggle is removed.
- We do TDD, we write tests first and they are ran parallelized in the cloud in 5 minutes. We have all levels of tests, from unit tests to small number of end-2-end tests.
- We limit WIP and minimize cycle times.
- Every developer does 1-2 automated deployments daily on average.
- We practice Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform, it takes 10 minutes to create new production-like test environment and every developer is self-serviced.
- Team is small, currently 5 developers in the company. You will have huge influence of what is happening and you will meet people here who truly understand the industry and our craft.
- Work is interesting, we are implementing many new features and are facing scaling problems as our traffic grows and we are entering new countries.
- We follow many best practices and constantly adding new. We put in an effort into learning and improving how we work. We are reading many books, we do retrospections, code reviews, pre-coding reviews, give lot of feedback
- We spent more than 20% of time on non-features improvements e.g. investing in automation or refactoring.
- Development of our application built on top of Laravel using MySql, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Planning the architecture of new features
- An in-depth analysis of problems is crucial to come up with the best possible solutions
Join exciting personal growth projects
- Scaling the app for new markets and high volumes, using different kind of SQL and NoSQL data sources, under asynchronous, event driven architecture
- Growing and optimizing our CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Building our infrastructure in the Infrastructure As Code manner with a goal to migrate to the cloud
- Creating software in TDD manner with quality in mind
- Enhancing our software delivery process with Agile and DevOps mindsets, constantly decreasing feedback loops and cycle times
- Automating our processes
- Very good knowledge of PHP, including at least one modern framework
- Object oriented programming skills – good understanding of SOLID, design patterns and Domain Driven Design
- Regular user of software development best practices, like Test-Driven Development or Continuous Integration
- Experience with at least one NoSQL database (e.g. Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch)
- Quality focused
- Passion for software engineering and best practices
- Constant learner, actively acquiring new knowledge