AI in Medicine #1 Meetup
After a successful “AI in Life and Art” meetup, it’s time for another episode of our popular science events. This time, we’ll be talking about AI in Medicine, so if you want to know what brings together developers and medical doctors, book your seat!
Together with Sylwia Malec, PhD student in Sano Centre for Personalized Medicine, and Piotr Wawryka, R&D Manager at Codete, let’s check how important artificial intelligence is in saving people’s lives.
WHEN: 30.11.2022 (Wednesday)
WHAT TIME: 5 p.m.
WHERE: Techies by Codete, Na Zjeździe 11, Cracow
LANGUAGE: Meetup will be launched in English
SIGN UP: for free – GET TICKET AT EVENEA (one beer for free as well!)
Join the event, if you want to learn:
- how to use AI to create solutions for the most complex medical problems,
- why deep learning goes hand in hand with medical image analysis.
- Piotr Wawryka, AI in medical imaging – case studies
Piotr will tell us what the daily routine of the professional laboratory looks like, and why AI plays a key role in it more and more often. Listen about the most challenging case studies to get to know how the fight for human life looks like from behind the scenes.
- Sylwia Malec, How to find a perfect match using deep learning?
Do you want to know the importance, challenges, and limitations of pulmonary image registration? Are you curious why incorporating deep learning into medical image registration of the lungs was a milestone? If the answers are YES, make sure to join us.
- Piotr Wawryka – R&D Manager at Codete with over 7 years of experience as a software engineer and researcher. During his daily tasks, he’s mainly focusing on applied machine learning for medical projects. Piotr is also a PhD student at AGH University of Science Technology in Cracow.
- Sylwia Malec – At SANO, she works on challenges associated with medical imaging of brain tumors in collaboration with the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Zurich. Sylwia gained practical experience as a software engineer and data scientist in the healthcare industry, where she was paying attention to Computer Vision solutions for public safety. Her BA thesis focused on obtaining 3D printed pelvis directly from a patient’s CT scan. In her free time, Sylwia calls herself a renaissance soul due to having lots of hobbies (travels, yoga, photomodeling).
After the presentations, there will be time for questions and exchanging insights with other guests and speakers.
Tasty snacks and beverage will be provided by Techie's.
Meetup will be held in English.
Register for free right now!