How do you start your career in the data world?
Do you have to study computer science, mathematics, or statistics to be a good data practitioner? Or can you can take part in the data world even if your background is in, say, linguistics?
We, at dyvenia, believe that a plurality of our backgrounds gives us more flavor: we can see a problem from different angles, introduce interdisciplinary solutions, and ultimately think outside of the box.
For this reason, we’ve decided to open our second season of the events for data practitioners with a panel with some of the team members who aren’t data people by profession. Specifically,
- Iza Stań, our data analytics team lead who studied linguistics;
- Piotr Zawal, our data engineer who will soon hold a PhD in physics;
- Ali Valizada, our Cloud DevOps who comes from the finance world; and
- Jędrzej Krobicki, our internal app developer who is a medical doctor by profession.
Among others, they will share:
- Why have they decided to change their career;
- What were their roadblocks in switching the career; and
- What advice would they give to those of you who are also thinking of changing your career?
Join us on Tuesday, 27.09., at 6 pm at our offices. The entrance to the event is free – we do however ask you to confirm your attendance.
Looking forward to the new season of events,
the dyvenia team