About the project and the team
The main focus of our team is creating next-generation mobile applications built for the biggest newspapers as well as 5 smaller brands in both Norway and Sweden. Google Play reports that we have more than 500 000 daily active users. The main goal of our apps is to present rich media content – lists of news, articles with videos, galleries, and much more.
We are a distributed team: 6 developers are based in Cracow, UX people are located in Sweden, and we have our stakeholders in both Norway and Sweden. We develop our apps in a 2 weeks release cycle. In our daily work, we are implementing new features, onboarding new newspapers on our platform and maintaining apps that we already have in store.
What we expect
- Kotlin knowledge as our project is written in this beautiful language in 100%
- Understanding and application of SOLID principles while writing code
- Previous experience with MVP pattern and our core libraries: RxJava2, Dagger2
- Experience in working with Coroutines will be an asset
- Involvement in the business problem-solving process
- Testing skills
- Questioning product decisions and coming with suggestions for improvements
- Digging up answers and coming with your own solutions is a big plus.
- Good English skills
- Once coronavirus calms down – ability to travel to Norway and Sweden a few times a year
What we can offer
- Lab/Hack Day every two weeks when you can spend the day to test a new technology or experiment with cool stuff
- Work on different areas of the Android framework
- Time required to focus on quality – pair programming, mob programming, knowledge sharing sessions
- Impact on the project at all stages