About the project and the team
Privacy Services Team is responsible for developing privacy-related projects concentrated around GDPR and ePrivacy for over 12 million registered users in Norway and Sweden (and many more not registered) connected to multiple brands.
We are developing two main products:
- Privacy Broker is responsible for orchestrating user deletion and takeout requests, implied from GDPR, across the Schibsted ecosystem. We are processing 15k+ requests and 1.5TB+ of data each day. Our solution is used by 50 realms and 600+ services across Schibsted and Adevinta.
- Privacy Settings is responsible for collecting user’s consents and objections supporting user rights implied from GDPR and sharing them with multiple internal services. We are ready to store thousands of millions of users decisions.
The Privacy Services Team consists of 4 skilled developers: Kuba (backend), Kasia (full-stack), Michał (full-stack), Wojtek (Engineering manager) and PM from Oslo – Maren. Łukasz (frontend) will join us soon. Now we are looking for a Java/Kotlin Backend Developer with AWS experience to further strengthen our team.
How to organize the work and what tools to use is up to us, we also have a big influence on what’s being built. We manage modern microservice architecture and deploy all apps ourselves. You will have the opportunity to visit other Schibsted offices (i.e. in Oslo or Stockholm) on our co-location sessions. Join us in making users’ life easier!
What you will do
- Improve, develop and design components in existing and new services.
- Improve, develop and design infrastructure on AWS in cooperation with DevOps
- Collaborate with other engineers, a product manager and other teams to find the best solutions.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Experience and knowledge about Java 11 and/or Kotlin.
- Experience and knowledge about AWS services or Kubernetes.
- Understanding of concepts and/or experience with continuous deployment, tests automation (unit, integration), documentation, GitHub.
- Experienced with agile development methods.
- Collaboration, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
It will be a plus if you have:
- Experience with MySQL or another relational database.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Background in designing, building and operating large scale distributed systems.
- Knowledge about protocols and infrastructure
- Knowledge about RESTful APIs, OAuth 2.0
- Background in privacy and security related issues.
- Background with algorithms and data structures.
Don’t hesitate to meet us if you have another technical background – we are open for people eager to learn new things and ready to take responsibility for created solutions.