With over 9 million users in Norway and Sweden, the Identity team in Schibsted is responsible for the largest identity solution in Scandinavia. We operate at the core of Schibsted’s digital business model, and are responsible for empowering user login across well known digital consumer brands such as VG, Aftenposten, Finn, Blocket, Aftonbladet, Svenska Dagbladet and Omni. Now, we are looking for a new back-end developer to further strengthen our team in Kraków.
WHO WE ARE
We are a distributed backend team located in Stockholm and Kraków, operating independently within the Schibsted group. How to organize the work and what tools to use is up to us, and we have a big influence on what’s being built. We have a modern micro-service architecture and an end-to-end responsibility (automations, deployments, 3rd line of support). Our tech culture includes automated tests & code reviews as a rule. Additionally among other engineering practices we do pair&mob programming within a lightweight Scrum-based agile cooperation.
WHO YOU ARE
You are, apart from being a back-end developer, also interested in the development process as a whole, from the idea stage to launching it in production. Your base coding language is probably PHP but you want to gradually move to JVM stack.
- Experience with backend development using PHP plus optionally other: Scala, Java, Python or similar programming languages
- Passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies
- Understanding of system design principles, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with at least one SQL and/or NoSQL database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Some knowledge about functional programming and tried out Scala
It would be awesome if you also have:
- Experience writing Scala/Kotlin code before
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Operations/devops experience, including deployments, monitoring, and automated testing
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Help us move out of our PHP monolith project (already heavy refactored to couple Scala services)
- Collaborate with and enable other teams to provide smooth user login experience across multiple popular websites.
- Continuously improve our existing user login solution, by refactoring it into a Scala micro-service architecture.
- Design, develop and improve backend services with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Deploy services on AWS using modern deployment tools such as Spinnaker.
- Be responsible for the services created by the team, potentially taking part in an on-call rotation.
BENEFITS (depending on the contract – B2B or employment)
- Training budget. Fully flexible. Books, conferences, online courses, you name it.
- Social package. Each month you receive benefit points transferrable to tickets, discounts or a prepaid card.
- Four extra days off. We’re not minimalist. That’s why you get 4 days more than Polish law requires.
- Flexibility. Sometimes you need to do your stuff without being at the office or start a day later thanks to flexible working hours.
- Top-notch equipment. Most modern stuff with MacOs or Windows on board & mobile with either Android or iOS.
- Standing desks. All desks at our offices are adjustable, so you can always stretch your legs and stay more healthy.
- In-house trainings. Improve your business, tech & soft skills during working hours.
- Tech Jump. Mentoring program that helps you to learn completely new frameworks and programming languages.
- Off-sites. We’re not working in a client-contractor pattern. You’re part of a distributed team, thus you often meet in the same location.
- Multisport. Choose the level that suits you and pick up your favorite sports venues.
- Medical care. With flexible plans tailored to you or your family.
- Electric scooters. We do have our own electric scooters ready to be borrowed for the work commuting.