- 19:00-19:45 Enterprise Blockchain fundamentals (by the Crypto@Cracow team)
- 20:00-20:45 Hyperledger introduction part 1 (by Marta Piekarska)
- 20:45-21:00 Pizza break and networking
- 21:00-21:45 Hyperledger introduction part 2 (by Marta Piekarska)
- 21:45-22:00 Q&A
The time has come, Crypto@Cracow is back with a two-day event for you:)
We have an enormous pleasure to invite you to the Hyperledger@Cracow Open Lecture by Marta Piekarska. The event will take place in the Orange Office Park Conference Room, Stanislawa Klimeckiego 1 street at 19:00 CET, on the 23.11.2017. Say hi to our new venue!
Marta is going to cover the history, recent development, and future of one of the biggest blockchain consortiums in the world. Hyperledger, led by the Linux Foundation, is an umbrella project of open source blockchains and related tools, started in December 2015 as an effect of hackathons, to support the collaborative development of blockchain-based distributed ledgers. It is an enterprise blockchain in production, a real early adopter.
It is our privilege to host Marta at Crypto@Cracow.
During her presentation, Marta will discuss topics like
- How was The Hyperledger Consortium created?
- How can you access the Hyperledger and what are the differences between a member type (gold, silver, etc.)
- What are benefits of becoming a member?
- What is the most significant Hyperledger’s blockchain implementation so far? What are the measurable pros of the solution?
- What are the biggest challenges ahead of the Hyperledger Consortium
and much more!
Marta serves as the Director of Ecosystem at Hyperledger. Before Hyperledger, Marta worked as a Security Architect at Blockstream. Marta obtained her BSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Warsaw University of Technology and a dual Master of Computer Science and Informatics at Technical University of Berlin and Warsaw University of Technology.
Her undergraduate Thesis was on Voice Encryption on Android Platform and grad work on GPU-aided Payload Delivery on Linux Kernel. Marta recently received Ph.D. in User-Informed Design of Privacy Tools, while working for one of the hottest Silicon Valley startups, Blockstream, as their Security Architect. Previously, she was associated with Deutsche Telekom as the Lead Architect on the Future of Mobile Privacy, a collaboration with Mozilla and Deutsche Telekom improving Firefox OS. As a Post-doc, Marta also teaches and works at the Technical University of Berlin.
Her technical interests are covered by what she does - user-informed privacy and security, applications of Bitcoin technology beyond cryptocurrency, and lock picking.
Ps. the lecture will all in English. However, it will be possible to ask questions in Polish.