Kubernetes 101 Workshop at GeekWeekWro
1. Intro to Kubernetes
3. Service Discovery
4. Replica Sets
We will run a Kubernetes basics workshop during GeekWeekWro.
We invite anyone who hasn't used Kubernetes before and want to learn from scratch.
The workshop is based on a great "Kubernetes: Up and Running" book by Kelsey Hightower, Brendan Burns and Joe Beda
For the best experience we encourage participants to get a copy of this book: http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920043874.do
But as the workshop will have a condensed form, we require some prior knowledge and preparation.
Technical knowledge prerequirements:
- Linux environment (commands, editors, packages, etc.)
- Docker (commands, images, containers)
- Please bring your laptop.
- Each participant should have access to a Kubernetes cluster (1 master + 2 worker nodes) prepared before the workshop.
- To prepare the cluster, please follow the instructions here: https://github.com/ttarczynski/kubernetes-101-workshop/blob/master/README.md
- In case of problems during cluster preparation please talk to us on our hangout channel: https://hangouts.google.com/group/yzVftQe0reMj5dlk2