Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform.
Our Pulp and Paper product group develops market leading measurement, inspection and control automation systems for the Pulp and Paper industry. We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to help us build the next generation of measurement and inspection products for industry. As a member of the Hardware Engineering Research & Development (R&D) team based in Krakow you will be responsible for the design and support of sophisticated measurement, control and computer imaging systems. We are looking for a senior level Electronics Engineer with a thorough understanding of digital design with FPGAs for high speed data acquisition, digital signal processing and image processing. In this position, you will be providing high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems and contributing to the completion of specific design projects.
This will be a challenging position in a global R&D team working in the front line of process industries with a truly global leader, providing many opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Actively participate in new product development efforts from requirements to concepts, design, prototyping in-house test, field test and release to manufacturing.
- Lead complex designs involving Systems-on-Chip (SoC), FPGAs, high-speed communication and imaging protocols.
- Develop & test firmware in embedded environments.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers on circuit design for imaging systems influencing architecture and design, ensuring signal integrity, participating in schematic entry and key component selection.
- Develop new upgrade and service solutions for existing product portfolio.
- Conduct product troubleshooting in the lab and in the field.
- Cooperate with hardware team on preparation of test solutions.
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams including physics, mechanical design, software and system engineering.
- Lead relevant design and development tasks; provide technical leadership; coordinate with other resources and create high quality products within the defined schedules and budgets.
- Other areas of responsibility include but are not limited to: participation in ABB group-wide growth and process improvement initiatives; providing training to ABB’s project/service delivery organization; and liaising with other ABB units, corporate research centers and external research institutes/houses.
- Regular international travel to our main R&D center in Ireland and Finland is required (~20%).
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Electronics, Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Strong digital circuit design background that includes: FPGAs, soft-core microprocessors, high-speed communication interfaces, system level simulations, and experience with building blocks for modular systems.
- Experience with either Verilog or VHDL (or both).
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Although not a requirement, experience in one of the following will be a strong asset: schematic capture and board layout and simulation (Altium preferred); low noise analog circuit design, experience dealing with PCBA manufacturers, and experience with product structures for manufacturing (BOMs, Specs etc.); design or implementation of industrial control systems associated with pulp and paper processes; signal processing and/or image signal processing; experience with Intel Quartus Prime environment for Intel/Altera FPGA
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
– An interesting job in a company promoting innovative and modern technologies.
– Opportunity for professional development in an international environment and for increasing your abilities and skills in various areas.
– Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market.
– Attractive salary based on your professional experience and skills.
– Good working environment.
To apply for the position, please send your application via our page.
We reserve the right to answer only to the chosen candidates.