EPAM is committed to providing our global team of more than 41,150 EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers think creatively and lead with passion and honesty. Our people are the source of our success. We value collaboration, work in partnership with our customers, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s market conditions, we’re supporting operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
Currently, we’re looking for a Lead Python Engineer with ML Experience.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
ABOUT THE ROLE
One of X’s confidential projects is looking for a Lead Infrastructure SWE. We’re seeking someone with significant experience employing Google tools and infrastructure, with the ability to architect a backend that will both accelerate the team’s research and deliver products to customers.
This is a dynamic role and great for someone who enjoys “getting their hands dirty” as well as growing productive teams. As an early member of the project, you will be expected to be a highly cross-functional communicator, organized, and strategic. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can operate in a dynamic loosely structured environment (think startup). Our team is very collaborative and hands-on and we strongly believe that our strength comes from having a safe environment for critical thinking so we encourage you to apply if this is the sort of environment you enjoy and thrive in.
- Explore bio-neural inspired ML creation and development; Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Architect and build infrastructure that enables both investigation and productionization. Scale solutions into robust systems
- Work cross-functionally across teams and with experts at X and other Bets. You will be expected to interface with both technical and non-technical roles, including to leadership
- Solid, relevant work experience
- Proven strong coding skills (Python is required. C++ and Go preferred)
- Experienced architecting new systems and building infrastructure
- Power user of Google infrastructure & services, including TensorFlow, or experienced working within large infrastructure systems
- Excited to work in a small team in a rapid prototyping environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity and fluidity
- Effective technical and non-technical communicator
- Knowledge of or interest in neural inspired ML networks
- Experience working with vision-based ML problems