Equiniti is a leading UK and US Business Process Outsourcer and Financial Technology provider.
As a leading provider of complex administration and payments solutions we have a track record of enabling our clients to improve the effectiveness and performance of their businesses through the critical thinking, expertise, technology, complex administration and payment services we provide.
Our services are delivered by over 5,000 employees worldwide. This enables us to offer solutions that are flexible, adaptable and scalable. We process £160 billion in payments every year. Our services benefit 30 million people worldwide.
Our mission is making complex things simple and we are always looking for talented people to help make that happen and underpin our continued growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Equiniti Group’s Shared IT department focusing on its core global platforms.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Junior Full Stack Developer working with C# in a .NET environment. Working as part of a small team you will primarily be working on the delivery of n-tier solutions across all of the organisation’s internal applications, from small changes to existing applications to large projects, and involves support of production applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking the following activities;
- Understand requirements and design specifications.
- Contribute to technical design discussions, prototypes and investigations
- Deliver quality software following coding, accessibility and cross browser standards
- Unit test and integration test software as appropriate.
- Document as required by project/team leads
- Resolve issues found in formal test iterations
- Regularly report progress, issues and any impediments via stand-ups, time/task recording tools and with team leads and project management.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on current technologies, tools and design patterns.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across Equiniti UK and Equiniti India delivery teams.
- Adhere to all Regulatory, Security and Compliance requirements
- Respond to production support issues within agreed SLAs
- Determine root cause of production issues and propose solutions to resolve the immediate and any longer term problems, liaising with other teams as necessary.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- .NET C#
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- An understanding of modern development patterns and practices
- Experience in use of code management tools, in particular Team Foundation Server
- MS SQL Server
- WCF services
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Ability to communicate about IT and technology in plain-English and in non-technical terms to colleagues and Clients.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure
Nice to have:
- REST services
- XML, XSLT and JSON
- Experience with Responsive frameworks
- Web Accessibility standards
- Web Security principles.
- MS SharePoint
- Umbraco CMS
- Experience of V-Model and agile methodologies across multiple projects.
- Experience of working in high volume ecommerce or financial services background.